Happy Birthday dawallace45 !!!

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Happy Birthday dawallace45 !!!

#1 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:42 am

I hope you're having a good one Dave.

Jeff

dawallace45

Re: Happy Birthday dawallace45 !!!

#2 Post by dawallace45 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:56 pm

Jeff

Thanks , not too bad a day , scored a new camera

David

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:01 pm

scored a new camera
Sounds good, tell us more about it. :D

Jeff

dawallace45

#4 Post by dawallace45 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:23 pm

Jeff

Will hopefully be able to give you a report on it tomorrow , was handed to me this morning just before I had to take the cat into Tannum to the vet , only just got back and will probably have to go back in this afternoon to pick it back up so at this stage all I've had time to do was stick the battery on charge , will have time tonight to read the instructions tonight and work out how to turn it on , all I know at the moment is that it's small enough to fit in my shirt pocket which is my main want in a camera , if it fits in a pocket it's carried all the time and used all the time , I have a Olympus SLR camera with a selection of lenses that I've had for 25 years and have probably taken 30 pictures with it , my last pocket digital has probably taken much more than 5,000 pic's in the last 4 years , it died last paddling trip

David

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:11 pm

it died last paddling trip
Drowned maybe? :lol: I agree, we too seem to take a lot more photos since we have had a digi camera.

Jeff

dawallace45

#6 Post by dawallace45 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:57 am

Jeff

No , didn't drown , just turns it's self off when you go to take a picture , tried fresh batteries but it still doesn't work ,

New camera , it's a Panasonic FS4 Lumix , it is 8.1 mega pixels with a 4x optical zoom , it has a large LCD viewer , large enough I can actually use it with out my glasses , even better with my glasses , the controls are pretty much intuitive in that I can turn it on and off and take a picture with out having to refer to the instructions , [ the older I get the less interested in reading instructions I am ] , the camera is light and reasonable small , zoom is easy to use , picture quality is good , flash works well and the dog was able to get her sight back with in 5 minutes or so [ have to admit that the dog bumping into walls and such was relatively amusing although I did get into trouble for it from my wife ] , many years ago I was interested enough in cameras that I liked to fiddle around with different settings and read books on photography , now I just set it to automatic and forget about it , this camera suits me down to the ground , you can still fiddle around with manual settings if you want but the auto settings give me more picture quality that I need any way and is easy , I like easy

It isn't water proof and that is a down side considering the amount of time it will spend in kayaks and boats but when on the water it will live in a water proof cover and I can't see paying double the price for some thing that is only water proof to a couple of metres

David

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#7 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:30 am

The poor dog. :lol: The Panasonic's seem to have have a good reputation. I like big screens too, it must be something to do with getting old alright. :D You will have to post up some photos of your next adventure.

Jeff

Longclaw

#8 Post by Longclaw » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:46 am

I think we need to see the picture that resulted in a blinded dog!

(and many happy returns for yesterday :D )
Emma

Gringa Bows

#9 Post by Gringa Bows » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:40 pm

heyyyy thats favouratism Jeff,you didnt remember my birfdee :cry: :lol: :lol: happy birthday for yesterday Davo you old fart..............Rod

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#10 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:59 pm

Maybe you weren't game enough to plaster your old age up of the forums like he was. :lol: Now I better check the hunting forum since you are obviously home. :D

Jeff

dawallace45

#11 Post by dawallace45 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:45 am

Here is a picture of the Dog " Mischief " it's NOT the one that got me into trouble and had the dog bouncing off the walls ,

Seems my wife went through and edited the album , she deleted any that made her look like she had wrinkles and the one that made Mischief look like she had been hit between the eyes with a ball peen hammer

David

dawallace45

#12 Post by dawallace45 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:48 am

Rod

Thank you for that ,

How did the hunting trip go and when you going to post pictures of your workshop

David

Gringa Bows

#13 Post by Gringa Bows » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:02 am

i'll try to post later today,Dave............Rod