In The Zone

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

UPTHETOP

In The Zone

#1 Post by UPTHETOP » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:07 pm

Am shooting in the zone at the moment and hope it lasts.
Went to the local club on the weekend I thought they had a hunters round but when I turned up it was a boring old ABA three arrow one instead.
I guess it happens to everyone now and then but it shore is a good feeling when your in the zone.
Have never got past a 250 in the three arrow and shot a 314 my best ever.
I have been flogging the hay bail out the back which is a 15 metre shot and the groups are still there.
How do you guys stay in the zone for so long ?

Cheers Wayno
Attachments
DSCF0007.jpg
DSCF0007.jpg (89.74 KiB) Viewed 2188 times
DSCF0005.jpg
DSCF0005.jpg (80.51 KiB) Viewed 2188 times
DSCF0003.jpg
DSCF0003.jpg (64.46 KiB) Viewed 2188 times
Justastik Arrow Craft, Its all about the Wood.

Jeffro

Re: In The Zone

#2 Post by Jeffro » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:17 pm

Good shooting Wayno,what bow are you shooting now?

Matticus

#3 Post by Matticus » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:19 pm

Mate, where did you get that target from, it looks really good. Oh, your shooting is OK too I guess :D . Excellent shooting...as far as staying in the zone goes, I have no idea. Give some directions to get into it first and I'll try and help from there. :lol:
ABA Member
R-licence holder

46#@28 Predator Hunter Classic
Easton Powerflight 500
Magnus Stinger 2 Blade
ASAT Head to Toe

Cucuarana

longbow steve

#4 Post by longbow steve » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:26 pm

Hi Wayno, flogging the bale is the best way to maintain your good shooting, mixing it up ie long shots and different footing angles helps maintain confidence in your shot. Congrats on your good score.Steve

Lindsay

#5 Post by Lindsay » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:00 pm

How do you guys stay in the zone for so long ?

Shoot a Kohannah!! :lol:
Dave Beeler Longbow 56" 60#
Kohannah Hunter T/D recurve 62" 56#
Motu Magnum R/D longbow 66" 74#

Gringa Bows

#6 Post by Gringa Bows » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:11 pm

good shooting Wayno,i must have been in the same zone last weekend too,i went to my first aba shoot in 18months,down in Gympie at the C.v.d zone challenge,i shot a bow i made myself and got a first in B grade mens traditional longbow so i want to stay in the same zone too..... :D ...................Rod

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#7 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:49 pm

Good shooting Wayno and that is a good score for an ABA round. Plenty of good practice is the way to stay in good shooting form.

Jeff

g_r

#8 Post by g_r » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:42 pm

I dream of shooting those groups!
somehow my brain must have taken in this "only the first one counts"-bowhunter attitude. I only hit the first one constantly in the right spot, don know why but the next ones dont like it near him....

so congrats on youre score
watch youre feet, you may never know where they might take you....

Always scout like you are scouting scouts!

Brett Finger

#9 Post by Brett Finger » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:31 am

Good shooting Wanye and Rod :!:

the only Zone i've been has been the twilight :lol: :lol:

struggling to hit a target are 20m lately, seems i ripped me Pec on the left side and its taken it toll...

Bretto :D
So long as the new Moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow , so long will the fasicnation of Archery keep hold of the hearts of Men
Foundation member - East Coast TRAD Bowhunters - E.C.T.B - we are smoke, we are rumor
NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him

UPTHETOP

#10 Post by UPTHETOP » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:21 pm

Thanks for the good words and advice fellas.

Jeffro shoot a Wes Wallace long bow now all bamboo and glass one of the fastest bows Ive shot, its 56lb@26 its a little strong but shoots flat as out to 20, half a foot out to 30 and about a foot out to forty in the drop.
Is good to hear from you.( Have the strings down pat now)

Good to hear you still have the Kohannah Lindsey.

Good shooting Rod I have know Idea about the grades have never asked just go out and have a shot everynow and then. Must be special though when you are using a bow you have made yourself.

Yes Jeff ended up with a 468 after the one arrow in the arvo still my best ever.
Theres a couple of really good longbowers shooting there who constantly shoot over 500 for that 3 and 1 ABA round. They have a few years on me but is good to have something to strive for.

Like you all said just have to keep up the practice and hopfully will keep shooting well.

Cheers Wayno

Al Kidner

#11 Post by Al Kidner » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:35 pm

Nice shooting Tex!

Thought is was with the Wallace. A very nice bow that is for sure.

I'll be home in 4 weeks so we'll have to catch up mate.

ak.

pdccr

#12 Post by pdccr » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:09 pm

Nice grouping :D
Cheers, Toby

UPTHETOP

#13 Post by UPTHETOP » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:21 pm

AL good to hear from you. Will come down for shore next R&R its a promise, have got all the cousins up at the moment from Mackay for the V8'S this weekend. Its going to be a big one.

Stay safe my friend.

Cheers Wayno

ottis

#14 Post by ottis » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:58 am

hey wayno hows things,thats not bad shooting mate and its all come a long way since i seen ya fling ya first arrow out of a traditional bow. Staying in the zone eh, well for me personally im over flinging lots of arrows at targets it just doesnt seem to help my consistency or the state of my head. If ya forms good then its all mental,maintaining focus and concentration throughout the shot sequence is where its at and lets face it some people have the ability to do that more consistently than others hence theres some great trad shooters around. It sure is frustrating when ya know what youre capabable of doing but just cant do it as consistently as you would like. So for me i like the one arrow deal i think it does help my concentration and i spose its the one that counts in the bush, i still love to practice but just differently and not for as long as i used to, its just to frustrating shooting groups and i dont think itl help me putting hogs on the ground, bye the way wayno got some great hogs the other day email ya through work cheers ron.

Tommo

#15 Post by Tommo » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:11 pm

Good shooting Wayno. Like the urban shooting lane, all houses should have one built in :)
ottis wrote: bye the way wayno got some great hogs the other day email ya through work cheers ron.
Sure others would be keen to see them too, can you put them up here?

ottis

#16 Post by ottis » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:38 pm

yeh tommo i will have a crack at posting some shots here, havent done it for ages though so may take a while cheers ron.