Sue's Bow Covers

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

longbow steve

Sue's Bow Covers

#1 Post by longbow steve » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:09 pm

Hey guys, recently I approached my local Haberdashery to get some bow covers made up, it was back to school time and they said it would take 2 weeks or so. Well 1 month down the track I still havent received them so I contacted Sue aka Little Arrows to see if she could help me.
Within 3 days I had the first batch of custom/ individually dyed bags from QLD to NSW and they are amazing, Lined for extra strength and purpose made without having to explain a thing about bows etc.
Give Sue a yell if you want to protect your pride and joy. Steve :D

pdccr

Re: Sue's Bow Covers

#2 Post by pdccr » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:12 pm

Im hearing alot of positive feedback from many people, its good to hear that there are people out there who are not just in it for the money.

Can we get some piccys? :)
Cheers, Toby

longbow steve

#3 Post by longbow steve » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:26 pm

100_2977.JPG
100_2977.JPG (103.45 KiB) Viewed 2418 times

pdccr

#4 Post by pdccr » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:29 pm

Ahhh nice!!! Jeez you got a few huh ;)
Cheers, Toby

Dennis La Varenne

#5 Post by Dennis La Varenne » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:31 pm

Sue's blood was always worth bottling.

Dennis La Varenne
Dennis La Varénne

Have the courage to argue your beliefs with conviction, but the humility to accept that you may be wrong.

QVIS CVSTODIET IPSOS CVSTODES (Who polices the police?) - DECIMVS IVNIVS IVVENALIS (Juvenal) - Satire VI, lines 347–8

What is the difference between free enterprise capitalism and organised crime?

HOMO LVPVS HOMINIS - Man is his own predator.

Coach

#6 Post by Coach » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:33 pm

How much is she charging ?

longbow steve

#7 Post by longbow steve » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:44 pm

pdccr wrote:Ahhh nice!!! Jeez you got a few huh ;)
Yes, but more to come :)
Dennis La Varenne wrote:Sue's blood was always worth bottling.

Dennis La Varenne
Yes Dennis, I am blown away, I asked for simple bow socks and got amazing custom bow covers to give to my lucky customers :) .
Coach wrote:How much is she charging ?
Hey Coach, they are all custom made to your requirements and I am sure Sue gave me a bulk order price so I cant qoute prices on her behalf. Very reasonable is all I will say. Steve

Coach

#8 Post by Coach » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:47 pm

Ok Steve :wink: Maybe Sue will see this thread and fill us in .

jape

#9 Post by jape » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:59 pm

Those feather designs are great! I shall contact her, maybe some limb covers too ...?

Coach

#10 Post by Coach » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:07 pm

Jape ,, my wife was making Limb Sox awhile ago ,, see here http://www.ozbow.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.p ... sox#p37176
But it didnt take off for some reason ,, pity really as they were less expensive than the US ones :roll: Its a shame that more archers dont take advantage of whats on offer here in Australia , seems to me that a lot think that if it is from the US , it must be better :wink:

longbow steve

#11 Post by longbow steve » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:25 pm

Good on ya Jape :) , you need to protect that beautifil bow of yours, The bamboow leaf design that Sue does looks great aswell. Steve

little arrows

#12 Post by little arrows » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:45 pm

well Hello everyone. Gosh what can I say - except thank you. I've just logged on quickly to send Longbow Steve a pm to tell him I've just posted some more bags to find a request in my pm's.
The bow covers that I have made for Longbow Steve are 3" wide X 76" long, dyed calico outside, plain calico inside, with tie tops, and will be $15 each.
Funny thing is I've just finished setting up a personal web site for Steve's arrows etc and my bags, so if you would like to check that out it will give you all more information. All these new style bags are also hand dyed and can be made wider, longer, shorter as required.
The web address is http://swallace.spiderweb.com.au/www/default.htm
thanks everyone for your support.
guess I should get back to work now.
sue

longbow steve

#13 Post by longbow steve » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:56 pm

The site looks great Sue, Steve :)

pdccr

#14 Post by pdccr » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:21 pm

Its a nice looking website :)
Cheers, Toby

jape

#15 Post by jape » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:48 pm

Thanks Steve, Sue and the other Steve are a talented pair eh? I have ordered a bag.

longbow steve

#16 Post by longbow steve » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:17 pm

Good on yah Jape, What colour? :)

White Hawk

#17 Post by White Hawk » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:27 pm

these bags are great I have several for my horsebows. Sue is always a pleasure to deal with, and of course Steves arrows are to die for. I shot mine at a indoor event last night and people were ooohing and arrring all over them... load of talent here in oz.
~ The wise man seeks the harmony of the circle
The spiritual man seeks the nothingness it surrounds
The complete man understands they are the same

Dennis La Varenne

#18 Post by Dennis La Varenne » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:39 am

Through the Chairman of this thread (Steve) to Sue Wallace,

Have you ever considered adding bowlimb socks to yours and Steve's product range too? Very protective of bowlimbs and good camo without having to mar the finish on bowlimbs.

Dennis La Varenne
Dennis La Varénne

Have the courage to argue your beliefs with conviction, but the humility to accept that you may be wrong.

QVIS CVSTODIET IPSOS CVSTODES (Who polices the police?) - DECIMVS IVNIVS IVVENALIS (Juvenal) - Satire VI, lines 347–8

jape

#19 Post by jape » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:23 am

longbow steve wrote:Good on yah Jape, What colour? :)
plain old take-anywhere black ... with maroon feathers to match my arrow colours.

little arrows

#20 Post by little arrows » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:23 am

just thought I should mention - this new line of bags is not yet on the web site. I shall correct it over the weekend.

Dennis,
I'll have a go at doing the limb covers too. It's rainy at the moment so it looks like indoor activities this weekend.

sue

Dennis La Varenne

#21 Post by Dennis La Varenne » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:47 pm

????? Indoor activities????

Dennis La Varenne
Dennis La Varénne

little arrows

#22 Post by little arrows » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:47 pm

:lol: - and Dennis if I get really lucky I might even get to do some outdoor activities.
sue

Coach

#23 Post by Coach » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:11 pm

Dennis La Varenne wrote:
Have you ever considered adding bowlimb socks to yours and Steve's product range too? Very protective of bowlimbs and good camo without having to mar the finish on bowlimbs.

Dennis La Varenne
As I pointed out Dennis , these didnt seem to do too well , maybe Sue will have better luck :roll:

jape

#24 Post by jape » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:06 pm

It may just be a numbers game Jeff, in a pretty small market, (I had asked Sue about them already because I didn't know that your Missus made them at the time and because I really like the feathered design she has done by hand). I think probably most people that want one have one and they would last a while. I doubt if it was anything personal, certainly the ones in your pics were very good. Sue will make one for my recurve if she decides to - so in fact if you have got that smaller print snakeskin in again I would like one of those for a narrow ELB. PM me your details please. You need continued exposure. Why don't you add the details and a pic to your logo/sig like you do about your strings?

Coach

#25 Post by Coach » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:17 pm

jape wrote:. Why don't you add the details and a pic to your logo/sig like you do about your strings?
My wife was so discouraged by some of the messages we got( oh , I am buying from 3rivers anyway , so I'll just get them from there ,, etc , blah, blah) and the lack of support from Aussies ,, that she couldnt be bothered anymore , and I don't blame her . Her little try at helping out Trad Archers and earning some "pocket money" had absolutely nothing to do with me ,, apart from me posting them up and trying to get exposure for her .
If someone else can do it ,,, go for it :wink: Some people are just so petty it disgusts me !

Good Luck Sue :)