STOLEN

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Nomad
Location: Live in The Rock (south of Wagga NSW) lived in Bourke NSW and Tumut NSW for most of my life.

STOLEN

#1 Post by Nomad » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:22 am

hey guys, just a tiny slim hope here. just had me car broken into this arvo and over 1 grand worth of gear flogged, including my new baby, the 6 week old barely used Samick Woodsman worth $450. along with that was 3 Redline arrows @ $10 each (brown shafts, red nocks, and 2 yellow 1 red vanes on them) with brand new Tusker Javelins worth $4.50 ea. also a new $40 quiver was flogged and thats only the archery gear. along with that was my phone and iPod, tools and some CD's. this is just a faint hope that anyone within local clubs around wagga wagga (Wagga field archers, twin city bowmen...) may notice this bow turn up at their club or while browsing 2nd hand bows. it is still in its box along with the receipt for the bow and was unpacked and neatly stored in the proper Samick limb and riser sleaves. the string has a reddish tinge on part of it due to an accident with some beetroot juice, and the limb bolts have been wraped with pink thread seal tape (aka plumbers tape). specs are written on the inside of the limb and are as follows: 45# @28" RH 3 piece takedown Wood/fibre recurve. the blokes who flogged the gear were apparently only young fellahs bout 18 + or - a few years. we know one was on green P's. if anyone gets suss about some gear that turns up, please give us a bell on 0269201266 and ask for Jake Anderson. il be headed out to work tomorrow and due to loss of phone, will be unreachable till saturday morning but would greatly appreciate if people would keep an eye open for it.

Cheers, Jake
It would take a all eternity to learn all there is to know in this world. All we can do is share our knowledge and help others to understand that which we have worked hard to discover in the hope that they will not repeat our mistakes.

jindydiver

Re: STOLEN

#2 Post by jindydiver » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:53 am

That sucks bloke. I will keep an eye out at the local crime converters for you
Mick

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Abraham Lincoln

jape

#3 Post by jape » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:01 pm

Good luck mate, hope it all turns up unharmed. Curse the bastards!

otis.drum

#4 Post by otis.drum » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:48 pm

hopefully they use it backwards and shoot themselves in the eye...or foot.
...otis...

Benny Nganabbarru

#5 Post by Benny Nganabbarru » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:51 pm

Sorry to hear that, Jake. All the best.
It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder,
It's the forests where silence has lease;
It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder,
It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

Coach

#6 Post by Coach » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:38 pm

Thats stuffed !!
Might as well save up for some new stuff ,. unless you are insured :roll:

Buford

#7 Post by Buford » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:44 am

argh! pardon my french, but i F*#@$+G hate people who steal!!! :evil: :evil: I had a set of 200 series Nite Stalker spotties stolen off my old land cruiser when i was an apprentice baker, the things cost me a whole weeks wage and some prick went to the trouble of grinding the tack welds on the bolt threads some how, in the car park while I was working!!! :x

The only way they will learn is if we cut off their hands! :x

Thats just plain crap mate.
I tell you what....... I you don't mind waiting 2 -3 weeks till I get back to Coffs, I have a samick long bow around the 45 pound mark. If you want it, its yours. I never use it and its just collecting dust in my brothers garage. It's in good condition, it's not brand new or anything but it's limbs are straight. I'm not sure if it will be suitable because its a one piece though.
Let me know if your interested. All I ask is a few bucks to help cover freight.

Cheers
Matt
Stupid TV! Be more funny!

Gringa Bows

#8 Post by Gringa Bows » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:32 am

thats not good Jake,and very generous of you Matt should be more people like you mate......Rod

Nomad
Location: Live in The Rock (south of Wagga NSW) lived in Bourke NSW and Tumut NSW for most of my life.

#9 Post by Nomad » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:29 pm

thats a very generous offer Buford. my natural instinct is i dont feel comfortable taking charity...if that makes sense, no offense mate, i understand absolutely and would do the same thing as you in the circumstances, but the only way i would take the bow off your hands is if i paid a reasonable price for it. thank you anyway mate, but it is definatly still a possability. thank you.

as for others, thanks for the efforts fellas. got some fantastic news!! some bloke walked into the telstra shop with a phone and asked them to unlock it because it wouldnt work and said it was locked. on a haunch they checked the codes and told him it was stolen property, whereby he took off out the door, leaving the phone on the bench....heres the best bit....HE HAD ALL HIS CONTACTS STORED ON THE PHONE!!! his home no. parents numbers, mates numbers etc... took it straight to the local cop shop and they couldnt write the numbers down fast enough. unfortunatly, no finger prints coz the telstra people had handled it but not to worry, this bastard cant just abandon things like that....well, probably could but im hopin to hell he dont!!! only problem with the phone was that my SIM card and $50 memory card (with all my data) were missing and the screen is cracked. hopefuly the mongrel can pay to get thta fixed...if not...well, some of the above tips may come in handy. ive been gassing rabbits all week so that may be a good spot to start. i realy appreciate everything people are doing and thank you whole heartedly.

Jake

oh yeah, dunno bout you mob, but this bloke gets my vote for darwin awards!!!
It would take a all eternity to learn all there is to know in this world. All we can do is share our knowledge and help others to understand that which we have worked hard to discover in the hope that they will not repeat our mistakes.

Buford

#10 Post by Buford » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:23 am

Great news mate re: the dumb ass criminal. No problems and no offense regarding the bow mate. Hopefully you will get yours back.

Cheers
Matt
Stupid TV! Be more funny!

Jeff

#11 Post by Jeff » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:17 am

well mate i hope it turns up as that realy sux if i had a spare bow i would send it to ya. jeff
MAY THE SPIRIT OF THE WOLF WATCH OVER YOU AND KEEP YOU SAFE