GIDDAY

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Jackrat

GIDDAY

#1 Post by Jackrat » Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:08 am

First off I would like to thank Erron for puting me on to this site.THANKS MATE.Now about me.I live in Waiuku in NZ,I have been involved in Archery since 1967 when I was given my first longbow as a birthday present.I started hunting about 1971.I have shot all forms but mainly used
longbows for hunting.I am a member of Whitford forest Archers,A feild club with a strong hunting section.Today I shoot only the longbow,my hunting has slowed down a lot in resent times due to poor health,but I,m winning that one.Other than rabbits I hunt mainly Red deer with regular results.My hunting is as much about testing myself as it is about taking an animal.To me sitting on top of a mountain,just me an my Bow with the world spread out before me is as close to real as I can get.Oh yeah, I like to wet a line when ever I can,The fishing just gets better.
Well thats me for now,,CHEERS,,Jack.

gundy

#2 Post by gundy » Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:21 am

Welcome to Ozbow Jack!

Stick around mate, there are some wacky people in here...

I am heading to NZ for work in early September. My first time there. I am hopefully going to plan a flyfishing trip there next year and might even think of taking the longbow. Is there any info freely available on the net regarding hunting rules and regs in NZ?

Good to see you here bud.
Last edited by gundy on Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

erron

#3 Post by erron » Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:30 am

Wecome to Ozbow Jackrat!
Stick around mate, there are some wacky people in here...
:lol: 'aint that the truth!

Great to see you made it here, and hope you find it useful. Any feedback is greatly appreciated, and I must say it's gratifying to have a Kiwi on board! It will be good to get your perspective on things, and to find out about the Trad. scene in 'Godzone' :)

Cheers,

Erron

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:45 pm

G'day and welcome Jackrat. Jeff

Glenn Newell

#5 Post by Glenn Newell » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:23 pm

Welcome to OZbow Jackrat...Glenn...