freak yeah!!

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Buford

freak yeah!!

#1 Post by Buford » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:10 pm

Any fellow motoring enthusiasts who appreciate turbo 4wd street rockets, like myself, may want to put this up un the big screen with the sound turned up to "nuts" :D

I know he's a little crazy but you gotta admit, this driver has talent....... and an endless supply of expensive rubber! :lol:

enjoy

http://video.kenblockracing.com/flash/s ... utoplay=0&
Stupid TV! Be more funny!

Jaydo

Re: freak yeah!!

#2 Post by Jaydo » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:47 pm

Awesome... do yourself a favour and check it out :D :D
A smile is priceless, yet can make so much difference

buzz

#3 Post by buzz » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:11 pm

Oh yeah.

I've seen that on pretty much every forum I am a member on - and they have even discussed it on the local breakfast radio show - it is pretty well viral, and have to be *the* bloke video of the year.

I don't think it was shot in a single run sequence, and obviously there was a fair bit of practice beforehand, but hell, even if each segment was pieced together from seperate attempts, it is still hell cool. And not bad for a skateboard shoe designer!!!

There is another vid from a while back of a street drifter doing a 360 on a downhill mountain sequence, impressive!

The WRX is the other car on my blacklist of cars not to drive... the ones that I know I will have to buy once I've tried it (the other is an mx5...!).

You know what I like about Rexes? It is that they are what a perfect beetle or kombi would sound like! :lol:
sssshhhh.... they are watching

gundy

#4 Post by gundy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:06 pm

The amount of Subau/WRX collectables and signed memrobilia I have make the wife sick! :)

I have had a fascination with the Subie WREX since 1994, where I followed the World Rally circuit very closely.

The STI (pre 2001) is on my list to have one day. Simply an awesome peice of machinery... :D

That man can burn some rubber!

buzz

#5 Post by buzz » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:44 pm

Father of a friend had one of the 2door STi's.... got burnt to the ground then their house fell on it during the Canberra bushfires.... :shock: pity. :(
sssshhhh.... they are watching

Buford

#6 Post by Buford » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:30 am

signed memrobilia eh Gundy? I have a poster sized photo (not a print) of Possum Bourne at Rally Australia in 2000. It's one of my pics I took that year and its signed and framed. :D I've got a few other smaller ones of lesser drivers from the same event (not subaru :lol: ) but i'm sure you're not interested in lowly plebs like Mcrae, Gardemeister, Eriksson or Gronholm eh? :lol: :lol:
how much you got...... :lol:

gundy

#7 Post by gundy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:02 pm

Buford,

I have Mcrea, Crocker, Bourne and a few others, signed framed prints/photos/1:18 scale cars and a bit of other stuff.

I love my scoobies!

Buford

#8 Post by Buford » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:30 am

gundy wrote:Buford,

I have Mcrea, Crocker, Bourne and a few others, signed framed prints/photos/1:18 scale cars and a bit of other stuff.

I love my scoobies!
It's just a shame you're married........ and a guy, Guy.........you could have had me. :lol: The good ones are always taken :P

I'll see if I can find my photos of a friend of mine from a while back..... you might have heard of him. neal bates? :P
I was asked to be team photographer for TTA for the Coffs Harbour round or the ARC. It was fun, got a "lift" :D in the ex toyota team europe corolla to certain vantage points during testing in the days preceeding the event. Man that guy can drive! :D I'm sure he was not driving at full pace with me and a camera bag in the car, but bugger me! He had obviously driven that section a few times already that day because the commitment needed to take a 4th gear blind corner with a dab on the brakes to turn in and full throttle on the exit is enough to make you say "oh my!" and "gee wiz!" (or maybe other things a little more colourful) at the top of your lungs! :lol:

yeah, i blame that week for my obsession with rally and fast fours....... hmm...maybe i can sue them or something! :lol: :lol:

GrahameA

#9 Post by GrahameA » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:51 am

Buford
Buford wrote:yeah, i blame that week for my obsession with rally and fast fours....... hmm...maybe i can sue them or something! :lol: :lol:
Until you have been through the forests of the Pt Macquarie area in a Colt SSS you have not lived. And that is showing my age.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

Buford

#10 Post by Buford » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:43 am

GrahameA wrote:Buford

Until you have been through the forests of the Pt Macquarie area in a Colt SSS you have not lived. And that is showing my age.
:lol: :lol: :lol: