small things

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

jape

small things

#1 Post by jape » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:38 am

.... so you get up in the dark because there is rabbit sign in places around the paddock but none around at dusk all week, you rug up because it is only 3 degrees, you stealthily trip over a branch because it is not yet light and 'roos explode left right and center from just feet away in the greyness - while your heart settles a HUGE rabbit runs right up to you and sits ten foot away, so you slowly close your gaping mouth and raise the bow and place the arrow tip directly on him in your sight picture, you don't flinch, you coolly let go - AND SHOOT RIGHT OVER THE TOP OF HIM. The bugger jumps and runs and stops fifteen foot away and you wonder why you only took one arrow out with you, then you realise it is a hare anyway, then you give up and go in for breakfast and the sky is only just getting light and you get on the 'net and whinge. Or I do anyway.

Brett Finger

Re: small things

#2 Post by Brett Finger » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:06 am

:mrgreen: ,
Nice report mate, glad i decided to sleep in this morning...hehehe
Kind Regards, Brett :mrgreen:
So long as the new Moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow , so long will the fasicnation of Archery keep hold of the hearts of Men
Foundation member - East Coast TRAD Bowhunters - E.C.T.B - we are smoke, we are rumor
NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him

Nomad
Location: Live in The Rock (south of Wagga NSW) lived in Bourke NSW and Tumut NSW for most of my life.

#3 Post by Nomad » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:27 am

hahaha, bad luck mate. that happens tho. i went fer a walk last nite and stalked for 1hr to get to a place where the rabbits ALWAYS hang out. well all i saw was a leveret and took the shot from 10m. MISSED!!! the thing just sat there a bit then took off down the burrow when i aimed the 2nd arrow at him :( not happy.

Jake
It would take a all eternity to learn all there is to know in this world. All we can do is share our knowledge and help others to understand that which we have worked hard to discover in the hope that they will not repeat our mistakes.

hellier

#4 Post by hellier » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:19 pm

:lol: yup few months back me and a mate loosed a few at a bunny, both missed, ended up with me mate totally losing his cool and running up to it and trying to whack it with his bow har har.... :oops:
I'd love to have a battle of wits with you.....but you appear to be un-armed.....

Blinkybill

#5 Post by Blinkybill » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:34 am

Im sorry Jape,
I cant say I dont find that funny but...

THATS PRETTY FUNNY! :D

Better luck next time :wink:
hellier wrote::lol: yup few months back me and a mate loosed a few at a bunny, both missed, ended up with me mate totally losing his cool and running up to it and trying to whack it with his bow har har.... :oops:
Hehehe I can imagine that :D

Ben
Yer, I had a really cool name but someone stole it from me...