changes

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Buford

changes

#1 Post by Buford » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:58 pm

is it just me or did something change on the board index? :)
Stupid TV! Be more funny!

Coach

Re: changes

#2 Post by Coach » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:16 pm

Yep , and it looks good , I especially like the "Traditional Bowhunting " title , might help some more hunting stories/pics get posted , as I feel that some of that was lost here in recent times :)

Mick Smith

#3 Post by Mick Smith » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:27 pm

What change? I can't see any changes on the board index screen. :?

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Mick Smith

#4 Post by Mick Smith » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:31 pm

Doh!! It just changed after my last post.

As much as I like to read hunting threads, I think we shouldn't loose sight of the fact that Ozbow is the major resource for all traditional archers in this country, whatever type of archery they might be interested in. Or is it????

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Gringa Bows

#5 Post by Gringa Bows » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:34 pm

looks great,real traddie :D

buzz

#6 Post by buzz » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:00 pm

No campfire?
sssshhhh.... they are watching

buzz

#7 Post by buzz » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:01 pm

whhoooooaaahh!

It changed again in between me posting and checking the thread for spelling. Or is my chaching or something slow? Phbb logo gone, broadheads replacing!
sssshhhh.... they are watching

gundy

#8 Post by gundy » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:51 pm

What!? Nobody has seen the front page yet? :)

Gringa Bows

#9 Post by Gringa Bows » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:56 pm

oh yeah ,but who's the funny lookin bloke top left of the page

kerrille

#10 Post by kerrille » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:27 pm

i thought you were all mad :shock: mine changed at 10.30 pm

...nev...
i hunt animals because they have legs and can run away ................plants dont

Nephew

#11 Post by Nephew » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:13 am

This is odd! I have a new front page, but the index is the same as it ever was!
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

Blinkybill

#12 Post by Blinkybill » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:22 am

Woooaaahh! :shock: I had to double check to see if I had typed in the right address :lol:
Looks Good!!

Ben
Yer, I had a really cool name but someone stole it from me...

Buford

#13 Post by Buford » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:27 pm

while i think of it and we are in a topic i started (so i'm not hijacking :wink: )
Moreton, can I ask 2 things? Is that a pic of you? if so, what is your draw length?
just curious is all, look like you have long arms. :)
Stupid TV! Be more funny!

jape

#14 Post by jape » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:56 pm

gundy wrote:What!? Nobody has seen the front page yet? :)
I reckon someone has had a bit of spare time eh Guy? Looks good, now run it right through the site!

gundy

#15 Post by gundy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:59 pm

What you talkin about willis? :shock:

;)

When I get my head around PHBbBhjtyhgbnjBBB, B bbb, I will mate. :? Its a monster!

Coach

#16 Post by Coach » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:18 pm

Mick Smith wrote:
As much as I like to read hunting threads, I think we shouldn't loose sight of the fact that Ozbow is the major resource for all traditional archers in this country, whatever type of archery they might be interested in. Or is it????

Mick
I was hoping someone else was going to answer this , but it doesn't seem to be happening :lol: It is Mick , but by the same token , I remember when I first came here , because it was a Trad Hunting Site , that there were a lot more hunting posts and people answering them . Now there is bugger all .
It seems that the site was being used more for Crafts , Target or re- enactment type posts in the later part .
We seem to have lost a few of those that used to post about hunting adventures , and dare I say , to a lack of replies . I know I don't post about my hunting adventures much anymore , couldn't be bothered , as it seems no-one is interested :?

Anyway , my post was not meant to upset anyone , I was just hoping that with the new title/description , that, maybe we will see some more hunting stories and pics , unless everyone is saving their stories for the Magazines :wink:

Coach

#17 Post by Coach » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:19 pm

OH ,, and , Gundy ,,, good job on the Graphics etc ,, it looks good :D

gundy

#18 Post by gundy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:50 pm

Ahhh bugger!

Just did a big response and lost it... :evil:

Thanks for comments Coach. Wheres your story!? ;)

In short, I made a promise to Jeff eons ago when he took the site over to re-do it in a bowhunting flavour, there are numerous old posts on this.

I am way late on delivering!

As far as I am aware, Ozbow was always intended to be a Bowhunting orientated site from pretty much day dot.

Look at the early (and disgusting) logos we had, Buff, goats etc...

I guess Jeff or one of the early posters could probably add more?

jape

#19 Post by jape » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:52 pm

I for one hope the hunting stories keep rolling in to here despite my own inexperience with a trad bow, the mags are complementary not opposition in my view. And the same goes for other sites I may browse on and read even if I don't post. I don't always reply to hunting posts because I feel some days I am just the only one and also sometimes I am just repeating what others say.

I guess I shall post more 'well done's then because I like to read them all, whether successful or not. This is a huge country with all sorts of incredible terrain and huntable prey, most parts I will never get to and most game I will never be bale to hunt myself, so I very much enjoy the view through others' eyes.

I am always impressed by the skill and effort involved, especially with trad equipment. Driving for hours, walking long miles, stalking, then actually getting a good result or just enjoying the day, bothering to take photos and edit them, photobucket them and write it up all takes a lot of energy but also shows regard for us the readers on this forum more than any desire to show off, whereas on some other sites, it is a pain to read of the almost mechanical killing of anything that pops up in front of the hunter as they drive along skulling tinnies.

There is little or no real division between hunters and target shooters here that I see. Most just appreciate all that is posted I am sure, sometimes one way then the other.

I don't care if you are breaking arrows on rocks hunting Mr. Bunnie just down the paddock as I do so badly, or stalking a Buffalo or big boars with skill and focus - just keep 'em coming folks!

flyne

#20 Post by flyne » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:20 am

the site is looking great well done gundy 8)
good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from poor judgement
Nothing is easy. That's why it's called hunting, and not killing

Nephew

#21 Post by Nephew » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:27 am

Buford wrote: Moreton, can I ask 2 things? Is that a pic of you? if so, what is your draw length?
just curious is all, look like you have long arms. :)
Yep, that's me, Buford! When I first began, about a year ago now, I had my draw length measured at 27 1/2 " but as I shoot with a totally different style now (instinctive as taught by G.Fred Asbel) I'd reckon it's a bit longer now, more like 28 1/2-29. I know I've changed a bit since I bought this L.B. off Mick, man I LOVE this bow! :D
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

woody

#22 Post by woody » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:10 pm

Good job on the graphics, much more appeal to my personal tastes :D

I pretty much agree with Coach's point of view and enjoy the hunting content.

Its a personal preference thing, but I cant get too enthused about field archery shoots or "traditional history" theme posts, I just like hunting.

Not looking to be contentious, just saying what I like to see. :D
Three things you can never take back, time past, an angry word and a well sped arrow

jape

#23 Post by jape » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:47 pm

It takes all sorts - I am sure some don't read the hunting posts! It is personal preference and I enjoy all the subjects involved in traditional archery - and remember that when it comes to helping out about how to make, fix, and use traditional bows and arrows, for whatever purpose, there are some from both sides that are always very helpful. I appreciate that, I wouldn't have continued without it.