stupid taxes

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

nimrod

stupid taxes

#1 Post by nimrod » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:00 am

just for a change our UK gov have made an ass on themselves there latest wheez is to try to charge smokers a £10.00 fee per year to smoke what idieot thought that one up ????????? I dont smoke and never have ( filthy habit ) but how can they police this ???? makes me sad to think I breathe the same air as the TWAT that thought of this god help us all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clinglish

#2 Post by clinglish » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:19 am

you will probably need a permit to buy smokes.then they will charge you ten pound for the permit. This anoys me that smokers get singled out. Obesity costs the world heaps more than smoking they should be taxing fast food.
Bowhunting (Hunting for Bows)
Known Carrier of "Fox Bow Fever"

kerrille

#3 Post by kerrille » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:07 pm

they do 10% gst forgot about that huh
i hunt animals because they have legs and can run away ................plants dont

clinglish

#4 Post by clinglish » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:30 pm

10% GST bet you there are more fat people than smokers out there and there is about 300% tax on smokes , so imagine what your whopper would cost.
Bowhunting (Hunting for Bows)
Known Carrier of "Fox Bow Fever"

Sparra

#5 Post by Sparra » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:52 pm

Most fat people are only killing themselves...

kerrille

#6 Post by kerrille » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:01 pm

no im not its all those smokers
i hunt animals because they have legs and can run away ................plants dont

losty

#7 Post by losty » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:56 am

still it shows how desperate their getting when trying to find an excuse to squeeze a little more blood out of the stone.
There's no adventure in knowing where you are.

Hood

#8 Post by Hood » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:02 pm

losty wrote:still it shows how desperate their getting when trying to find an excuse to squeeze a little more blood out of the stone.
Not sure if you would call it desperate as it stinks more of GREED
Bow Hunting is my Passion.

My wife says it's my Obsession.

Either way I'm happy.

longbow steve

#9 Post by longbow steve » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:04 pm

I have heard smoking is to be banned entirely in New Zealand,
With smokers who cant quit put on a register of sorts like other drug addicts. Steve

kerrille

#10 Post by kerrille » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:40 pm

mm as a kid i remember smokin dry roo poo in toilet paper ..not the best

Coach

#11 Post by Coach » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:09 pm

Sparra wrote:Most fat people are only killing themselves...
That may be true , but I'm gunna take some of you skinny people with me :lol: :wink:

Southern Fox

Smoking

#12 Post by Southern Fox » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:50 pm

Clarification.

I noticed a post of mine has been removed from this thread.

It was poorly worded and I think it was misunderstood. (wrote it late at night). What I meant to say was for people to stop having goes at fat people and that second hand smoke is really awful. Hope this makes more sense.

I kind of mixed those 2 phrases up and it didn't come out very well.
"...destiny does not just happen to you. You have to pursue it vigorously...."

losty

#13 Post by losty » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:16 pm

Mick wrote:
losty wrote:still it shows how desperate their getting when trying to find an excuse to squeeze a little more blood out of the stone.
Not sure if you would call it desperate as it stinks more of GREED
yeah. I meant that as in desperate when it comes to formulating a logical reason why they should take more money. aka greed.
There's no adventure in knowing where you are.

pommy chris

#14 Post by pommy chris » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:25 am

great living here isnt it nimrod :( thats why most people would be glad to leave.nothing but no brained greedy parasites running the show.
im a smoker and i agree with the smoking ban.before it came in. if i was at friends who didnt smoke i would always ask before. but mostly go outside.i never smoked around people eating either.they certainly havent complained about the money in tax they have took off us have they.we have helped to prop up the national health service.money they have wasted again. and again and again.oh and with regards to work i always have said let us have one smoke in morning one in afternoon and i will stay and make the time up at the end of my shift.what the hell difference will 15mins make on the journey home on the choked up roads anyway.
like i said great living here.
LONGBOWS HAVE HORNY ENDS.COS IF WE MISS.YOU STILL GET A POKE IN THE EYE.

perry

#15 Post by perry » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:43 am

Gidday my names Perry and 'm fat 8) - anyone else out there , lets start Non smoking fat a@#d archers annonomous :P . Perhaps I'm just a better hunter than you skinny blokes that smoke . :shock:

Truth be known my regular skinny hunting mates smoke and every bloody time they stop for a smoke without fail we find pigs and usually after we've walked all morning , smoking might not be good for them but it does'nt do the pigs any favours either. regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

kerrille

#16 Post by kerrille » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:24 am

just wait ,we,ll get letters in the mail asking us what chest size we are then tha'll charge us an oxygen usage tax lol

Nephew

#17 Post by Nephew » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:56 pm

Don't laugh too much at paying for oxygen, Kerrile. Would you have believed it if I had told you thirty years ago that one day people would pay by the litre for bottled water?? I've often wondered if the big business folk that oppose all pollution controls do so because they have a plan to one day sell us the air we need to breath! The dirtier the natural air is, the more bottled oxygen they can sell.
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

kerrille

#18 Post by kerrille » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:14 pm

yeah no doubt the yuppies would go for it scary huh

Coach

#19 Post by Coach » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:25 pm

Do you realise how much money would be lost if everyone gave up for a week 8)
Maybe you should run a campaign to give up for a week :wink: That would **** off the Gov.
It's funny , the Gov. like to be seen spending money on anti smoking campaigns ,, but I wonder how they would react if everyone took notice of their campaign and actually stopped ? I reckon they would crap themselves
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: