Rusa stag on the run

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

MrRecurve

Rusa stag on the run

#1 Post by MrRecurve » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:33 pm

Anyone else see that poor rusa stag running around the gold coast on the news last night?

The cops shot it TWICE with tasers after chasing it around all day and stressing the hell out of the poor thing, then when that didnt work, they finally had to bite the bullet and put it down.

I know that the authorities have to put the safety of people 1st, but it still upsets me that the poor creature had to suffer so much stress before finally being shot.

Sigh, rant over I guess.
Walk softly and carry a bent stick............

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:11 pm

Yeah I saw it and it sure did look stressed. I thought they would have just darted it straight away but I didn't catch the reason why they didn't but it was mentioned. :?

Jeff

perry

#3 Post by perry » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:05 pm

Never saw it on the news but heard it on ABC radio . I wonder if it was the same Rusa stag that has been living on Wavebreak Island on the spit at Southport for the last year or two , not that far for a deer to swim or roam to broadbeach area . No fresh water above ground on the island either, the stag was digging until it hit fresh water in the sand . regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

Poppy

#4 Post by Poppy » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:48 am

Yeah I remember the one on Wavebreak Island. The authorities finally contacted the Australian Deer Association for help. For some reason the powers tobe decided to leave it :roll:
Anyway some months later when the Stag shed it antlers, the papers started to report that the stag now had a girlfriend :lol:
Cheers
Paul