POACHED!

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

stace

POACHED!

#1 Post by stace » Wed May 09, 2007 7:09 pm

G’Day All

The following pics are of an arrow that was found in a dead POACHED Fallow in the New England area,
The Fallow was on a place I have access to and have hunted for over 18yrs, the owner now is becoming very angry with bowhunters in general as he has constant poaching from so called Bowhunters
This arrow was supposedly from a Brisbane based archer (won’t use the term HUNTER) we know to have been in the area that weekend
In fact the offending archer was actually caught responding to a deer call later the week after by another rifle hunter who also has lawful access. When confronted REFUSED TO TAKE HIS CAMO MASK OFF, HID HIS COMPOUND BOW behind himself (so that his arrow colours were hidden from view)
Nothing was done to assault the archer for fear of an assault charge but he was warned in no uncertain terms what would happen if he was caught there again .The police were mentioned along with court action. This archer has access to the neighbouring property but has frequently stepped through the fence to poach well beyond any fence line, so no excuses for following up wounded animals can be used. The neighbouring owner and he are mates and he denies his MATE would poach and said, “he was only just inside the fence line” when he in fact was in the middle of the property a good kilometre from any boundary fence. WHY?? he wasn’t lost as he had a GPS around his neck
SO IF YOU KNOW THE COLOURS OF THE ARROW AND WHO USES THEM, Be wary of his collection of heads there’s a fair chance they were poached
Things are proceeding to get this archers name which he wouldn’t give (by either he or the property owner)
stace
Attachments
Poacher 5.jpg
Poacher 5.jpg (68.65 KiB) Viewed 2971 times
Poacher 6.jpg
Poacher 6.jpg (80.68 KiB) Viewed 2971 times

Poppy

#2 Post by Poppy » Wed May 09, 2007 7:54 pm

Hey Stace its sad when something like this happens.
It seems to be gaining momentum I have heard of bowhunters poaching up around this neck of the woods Property owner saw an arrow fly pass and when he approached the 3 offenders they said they had permission from the owner (not knowing it was him they were talking to) anyway this property is now closed to all hunters. :x
May I suggest that you post this on the TGBA site as it looks like a compound shooter, and there may be someone there that may recognize the arrow.
Cheers
Paul

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm

Stace, you are still alive. :D

Mate I hope they find out who this shooter is and I hope he can be prosecuted. Far too much of this sort of thing is happing these days. :x

Jeff

piggy

#4 Post by piggy » Wed May 09, 2007 8:26 pm

I think part of the problem is the fines are to lenient.
I have been present when some doggers were caught poaching in NSW, the police were called and they were each fined $550.00.
It was thought they had been there for several days and even had a tow behind cool room as they were selling the pigs to butchers.
I would have thought their gear would have also been confiscated buy alas they were aloud to leave with it.
If they manage to spend say 10 days a year hunting without being caught its still much cheaper than paying to hunt so they risk being caught every few years.
Even after being charged they still argued that they should be allowed to keep the pigs they already had but an angry property owner insisted they stay and were removed to a different location after the offenders left.

Expose the bugger I say

Cheers

Paul

stace

#5 Post by stace » Wed May 09, 2007 8:30 pm

Hey Jeff
Yeah mate WELL not sure you'd call the way I feel alive but I am still here
Been away working and due to head away again on friday for a few more

Things will be slow in regard to the poacher BUT we will get his name eventually .For the first time in years it was very quiet there at Easter as he was caught a week before .Hopefully he got the message but I doubt it infortunetly

Piggy
It seems to be a very common occurence these days
BUT your right the fines need to be where they loose ALL their gear Vehicles ,camping gear ,with their name published as well
stace

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#6 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed May 09, 2007 8:44 pm

Kind of distictive arra so someone must know who it belongs to. :? Let's hope he is caught soon.

Don't work too hard mate!

Jeff

Hood

#7 Post by Hood » Wed May 09, 2007 9:42 pm

String him up I say what a cowardly prick.
Can't say much for the neighbour either.
Last edited by Hood on Wed May 09, 2007 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bow Hunting is my Passion.

My wife says it's my Obsession.

Either way I'm happy.

Joel

#8 Post by Joel » Wed May 09, 2007 11:36 pm

What really gets my goat is the hassle Garden Gnome got for killing a cat without a collar, yet these bloody poachers get away with literal murder.
Its a bloody outrage it is!
Shoot it and move on

jindydiver

#9 Post by jindydiver » Thu May 10, 2007 7:29 am

If the neighbour admits that the poachers were on his property with his permission then it can be assumed he knows their names. The Police can get the names from him easily enough if they are actively chasing this down.
Mick

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Abraham Lincoln

clinglish

#10 Post by clinglish » Thu May 10, 2007 9:28 am

The [problem is that in australia you can't be charged for stealing a feral animal. The only thing is tresspassing which the fines are not that hefty .He was however carrying a weapon which would increase the severity of the charge.
You should encourage the property owner to press charges this way the neighbour would have to give up the name and you could out the dog here and on other sites.
The only way to change the situation is to have these animals reclassified by law as Game then property owners may be able to prosecute.
Bowhunting (Hunting for Bows)
Known Carrier of "Fox Bow Fever"

stace

#11 Post by stace » Thu May 10, 2007 6:17 pm

Clingish
Mate in NSW our Feral deer are now classified as Game thanks to the Game Council
I maybe wrong but Game council should do something as well

Yeah he could go to the police but it all comes down to he said this and he said that
THe Gun hunter didn't take photos of the poacher and his location all of which he denied to his mate (who doesn't care what his neighbours think as he has MONEY (his words)
Good Ol Boys always find a way to get even ,The so called Money neighbour puts padlocks and chain on all ajoining gates to his neighbours BUT he keeps ALL keys
If the POACHER strays back across fences again he will get a very warm reception from as many authorities as possible
Nice to see everyone is as outraged over poaching
cheers all
stace

Coach

#12 Post by Coach » Thu May 10, 2007 7:29 pm

Poppy wrote: May I suggest that you post this on the TGBA site as it looks like a compound shooter, and there may be someone there that may recognize the arrow.
Cheers
Paul
Very true ,, seeing as how TBGA has so many members ,chances are the poacher may even be a member and may have posted a pic with his arrows in it .

CLINGISH SAID
Mate in NSW our Feral deer are now classified as Game thanks to the Game Council
I maybe wrong but Game council should do something as well
Yeah , funny how a Feral animal can become a Prime Game animal with a bit of financial incentive ,, yet the GC has no rights or control over poachers , you have to call the Police and hopefully they will do something ,, which in most cases they wont , unless you have ABSOLUTE proof that this person was poaching .
I have experienced this sort of thing myself this year and it sucks bigtime !!

perry

#13 Post by perry » Thu May 10, 2007 8:19 pm

This sort of capper has happened to me several times over the years , end result years of good relations with land owners destroyed by the acts of some bloody idiots and the land owners in protection of there property now dont allow any hunting , fishing or camping . A couple of my mates were bowhunting with permission out Mitchell St George road way when they were confronted by poachers weilding rifles , tense stand off that one . The access to that property got stuffed up eventualy by ratbags as well . Makes me so angry the selfish attitude of these nongs . regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

Griffo

#14 Post by Griffo » Thu May 10, 2007 10:41 pm

You could go post it on other bowhunter sites as well, but given their small numbers you'd probably be wasting your time :roll:

Not to say that there aren't poachers in their midst as well though :roll:

8)

Jimmy Alexander

#15 Post by Jimmy Alexander » Fri May 11, 2007 12:42 am

Ive been following this guys, and as a new bowhunter i think that poaching is a disgrace :evil:
I hope they catch him and press charges. A fine is way to lenient!!!
Twang

aussiehunter

#16 Post by aussiehunter » Tue May 15, 2007 11:03 am

4 poachers were caught this year by us on a bris valley property reported to police,actually we had the police waiting for them..lost their firearms,camera,wont be allowed to have a firearms license again,they average at 18 years old

hasnt gone to court yet,but they will cop a fine...it certain ly put the word out ,this year we hardly heard a shot... :)

be good to name ur poacher,so we all know who he is
checkmate hunter take down recurve, 53lbs @28 inch
glenn newell longbow 60@28"
ams bowfishing
www.blackstumpbroadheads.com.au
[aussie made and made to last]

http://www.bowhunterslodge.net.au
"This just may be the best hunt of your life"

Coach

#17 Post by Coach » Tue May 15, 2007 4:58 pm

Good to see Aussie :D I think ALL poachers should be named and shamed publicly ! :twisted: