Books & the Library

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Andrea Willett

Books & the Library

#1 Post by Andrea Willett » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:16 pm

I bought a copy of volume 1 of Traditional Bowyers Bible last year. I didn't have enough money left for volumes 2 & 3 so I went to my local library and put in a request for them to find the missing volumes through inter-library loan which only cost $2.00 per book. I checked a couple of weeks later and instead of getting them from another library the whole three volumes were listed as on order for purchase. The city branch of Geelong Regional Library now has the set. :D

Try it with your library. The more copies available the better. They're great books.

Andrea

Mick Smith

#2 Post by Mick Smith » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:12 am

Very interesting Andrea. I'm a member of the Geelong Library too. 8)

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Andrea Willett

#3 Post by Andrea Willett » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:23 am

They only have volume 1 on the shelf at the moment 'cause I've got 2 & 3 out but they'll be back in a week or three.

Andrea

GrahameA

#4 Post by GrahameA » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:25 am

Hi Mick and Andrea

Well done Andrea - many people will get a lot from your effort

My personal experience over many years is that if requests for the purchase of particular books is often well received.

Mick - I suggets you get on the waiting list real quick. They are a great set of books.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

Andrea Willett

#5 Post by Andrea Willett » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:54 am

Thanks but there wasn't actually much effort involved. I just made sure I added the current price & link to the book at Amazon so they could see that it was worth it's value. I didn't even ask them to buy it. They decided that on their own from the information provided.