Deer fights back!

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Timmah

Deer fights back!

#1 Post by Timmah » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:01 pm

Not sure if this has been posted before. But while surfing youtube i came across this video of a deer fighting back agaisnt a bowhunter. Seems he doesnt like the idea of being shot at...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpryxOMGJKU

ET

#2 Post by ET » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:45 pm

Timmah

Thanks for sharing that, it was impresive. I hope that never has to happen to me. Thats why you should carry a knife I suppose.

ET :wink:

Jeffro

#3 Post by Jeffro » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:24 pm

wow that deer really smashes him doesn't it !!!

ole_silver

knife..

#4 Post by ole_silver » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:32 pm

yeah ET.......

but the knife would need to be on a long long stick...........

cheers
Steve..

Buford

#5 Post by Buford » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:19 pm

The funniest part is the fact that the person behind the camera chose not to help and enter funniest home videos instead!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stupid TV! Be more funny!

Mick Smith

#6 Post by Mick Smith » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:22 pm

Yeah, I saw that video a while back, what struck me were the various venomous anti-hunting remarks left by the various viewers. I couldn't see where the hunter had done anything cowardly or weak, he just reacted in the best way he could.

I read somewhere that the reason for this buck's aggression was due to the fact that the hunter used bottled rutting buck's urine to cover his own scent. I don't know how true this is though. :shock:

I've also read about several incidents in Australia where stags have attacked humans with very nearly fatal results. One was when someone shot a sambar with a shotgun and it attacked him, another was when a hunter grazed the skull of a stag and when he walked over to inspect his kill, the stag took it's revenge, well at least until the hunter managed to kill it with his knife. I would certainly be a bit of a shock, wouldn't it? :shock:

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

GrahameA

#7 Post by GrahameA » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:53 pm

Hi All

There is another video that shows a hunter having an argument with a lion.

Obviously is was not that good a shot as it seems the deer was not short on energy.

If you look very carefully at the beginning of the clip you can see the cams on the bow.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

Hood

#8 Post by Hood » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:26 pm

There was another vid like that where a guy sprayed himself with deer urine and had a buck attack him while his wife filmed the whole thing.
Bow Hunting is my Passion.

My wife says it's my Obsession.

Either way I'm happy.

buzz

#9 Post by buzz » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:19 pm

GrahameA wrote:Hi All

There is another video that shows a hunter having an argument with a lion.
I think I have seen that one. There was a group of "hunters" and the lion charged thinto the centre of the lot of them and eventually went down after a lot of hits from a number of shooters.... and they were probably lucky noone else was shot.

Mububban

#10 Post by Mububban » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:45 pm

Hahaha, well between that guy and the rifle hunter in this video, I'd say the local wildlife doesn't have much to worry about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiq8uVMT ... ed&search=

peterm

#11 Post by peterm » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:12 am

Mububban wrote:Hahaha, well between that guy and the rifle hunter in this video, I'd say the local wildlife doesn't have much to worry about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiq8uVMT ... ed&search=
Have have to wonder......
Trophy Takers Promotional Director
www.trophytakers.org "Bowmen of the bush"

huntmdown

#12 Post by huntmdown » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:05 am

These videos should keep us in check for a safe hunting season! Good luck to you all!
pink camo in heels....huntmdown!
www.huntmdown.com