"HULLO"

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Jock

"HULLO"

#1 Post by Jock » Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:11 am

Hi Erron and company.
Finally got into the site, looking forward to spending some time here.
All the best and good huntin.
Jock.

erron

#2 Post by erron » Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:49 am

Welcome Jock!

Great to have you on board. :) Glad to see you got through, I was worried I might have set something up wrong for overseas dial-in, or whatever.

looking forward to talking to you,

Erron

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:52 am

Welcome Jock and look forward to having your input on these forums. At least we can understand your typing as we may have a wee bit of trouble understanding your spoken english, although I understand Mexican - Hey Erron? :lol: Regards
Jeff

Jock

#4 Post by Jock » Sat Aug 02, 2003 5:12 pm

Jeff,

Ah dinna ken whit yer takkin aboot mon.

Whitever dae ye meen?
Johnny B. Good.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:11 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Jock.

It would seem that we are having a little of your weather in this part of the world at present. I'm in Queensland and it has been hovering above and below zero the last few nights. Very cold for us sunny Queenslanders.

Are you ever planning a trip down this way? If you are I'm sure we can get you out so you can throw some arras at more than just foam.

Have been trying to get Erron up this way for a hunt for a couple of years but he keeps saying he's too busy. All I can say is that it obviously doesn't take much to keep him busy. :D

Will catch up again later. Jeff

Jock

#6 Post by Jock » Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:02 am

Jeff,
Got family in Brisbane and the Goldcoast, first visited in 73, was last there in 01, planning to come over in the near future, hopefully, would love to throw some arrows with you guys.
Just can't imagine QLD being freezing.
Jock.
Johnny B. Good.

DiamondD

#7 Post by DiamondD » Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:15 am

Hey Erron glad to see that you are up and running! :D

I'll be checking in like clockwork to see how the site is progressing!
Dean Daniel

erron

#8 Post by erron » Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:23 am

Dean,

welcome to Ozbow, and thanks for registering mate!

You're a 'Log Home Builder'. It must be good to create things of both beauty and use. I came to the city for work with my then young family 30 years ago, and I've been quietly pining for the bush ever since :cry: Ah well, one day in the hopefully not too distant future, we will make the break.

Yes, the site is still in the initial phase, but there will be changes on a hopefully weekly basis, so keep checking back, by all means. I hope to be adding some interesting content over the next few weeks, and in the meantime, the membership is building and some of us, at least, love to have a chat! :lol:

all the best,

Erron

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#9 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:45 pm

G'day Dean and good to have you on here.

Jock,

I only live about 3 hours north of Brisbane so when you are coming out make sure you let us know. Another excuse for a hunt :wink: Jeff

Jock

#10 Post by Jock » Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 pm

Excellent Jeff, you can bet on it.
And the same goes for you mate, if you, Erron or any of the other guys are ever in my neck of the woods.
Jock.
Johnny B. Good.

hennypenny

#11 Post by hennypenny » Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:32 pm

Just to say hi to everyone and to thank Erron for calling me up tonight...not to talk to me mind you, but to my ever elusive 'better' half :lol:
I'll proberly drop in now and then to check out what guys really do talk about when they should be talkin' 'bow stuff'. So beware! LOL order those new bows in code, or your 'minister for funds and fun' will be sure to know about it quicker than you can say "wood would win" ten times. :)
I hope you don't mind my cheek, while the fox's away ... the hen can play. I'm guessing Jeff would know who silverfox is...
Take care all and I'll be catching up with you soon Erron.
Peace always +

erron

#12 Post by erron » Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:14 pm

Welcome hennypenny :)

It was a pleasure talking to you in the absence of your 'better half'!

Looking forward to having your voice in here. Maybe you can keep these rowdy blokes in line, darned if I can :lol:

cheers,

Erron

p.s. Is it okay if I move this post to a separate thread? It deserves one of its own.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#13 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Aug 04, 2003 5:08 pm

G'day hennypenny,

Welcome to the site. I only just wrote, and Jude sent, a letter to your better half today. Hope you and the kids are doing fine. A long time apart hey? Make sure you do pop in here often. Jeff

Papabear

#14 Post by Papabear » Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:19 am

erron says "... keep these rowdy blokes in line ..." - I surely hope you don't mean to include those of us here on the mainland as "blokes"! :lol:

I mean - after all - you did invite us to join in yer daily fun and now you insult us like this! Sheeeesh - what is this world coming to anyhoo?
Beware the Bear!!!

Papabear

#15 Post by Papabear » Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:20 am

erron says "... keep these rowdy blokes in line ..." - I surely hope you don't mean to include those of us here on the mainland as "blokes"! :lol:

I mean - after all - you did invite us to join in yer daily fun and now you insult us like this! Sheeeesh - what is this world coming to anyhoo?
Beware the Bear!!!

erron

#16 Post by erron » Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:04 am

Nah, you're here to keep Sewer Rat in line :lol:

Erron

Papabear

#17 Post by Papabear » Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:11 am

That's all I need - keep that fat Pellegringo in line - a near impossibility to say the least!!! Thanks loads erron!
Beware the Bear!!!

hennypenny

'rowdy blokes :)'

#18 Post by hennypenny » Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:29 am

Fantastic to hear from you Jeff. The kids and I are surviving...some days only just :P It won't be long before we are at the under 20day mark for our short hol together. Then off again for another month...sheesh :!: Sam, Bell and I drove down to Mackay for their shoot the other weekend to touch base with everyone...it was a great weekend, they are such gentlemen there and the atmosphere was wonderful. I do hope to meet up them all again soon. Erron, I am currently working on the next newsletter and I will get it to you asap. It'd be great to have a bit of it up here for everyone to check out. So, 'blokes' keep it down in here ... until next time :lol:
Shoot straight.
Peace always +

Sewer Rat

#19 Post by Sewer Rat » Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:08 am

KEEP ME IN LINE?!?!?!?

This coming from the guy who lives in the land of Steve Irwin and Crocodile Dundee.....

Thats all right... I'll remember this.... apparantly my company has lotsa jobs over there (Montgomery-Watson/Harza), so now I'm gonna start biddin on openings just to come over and show you guyz how ta drink beer and fling arras....

well, ok, gotta clear it wid da wifey first....
Toodle Pip, Ta Ta, Old Chap

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#20 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:13 pm

Hey Hennypenny,

Say G'day to the Ol' Fella when you see him from all of us on here will ya. Catch ya later. Jeff

erron

#21 Post by erron » Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:30 pm

hennypenny:
I'll do a separate section for the club stuff. Hope to get to it by the weekend. At the moment, I'm busy with an article that shouldn't take much work, being as it came to me in great condition - Thanks 'Gringo'!

Alan's story and the shots are great, and I'll endeavour to put some of them up on the fledgeling 'photos' section tomorrow.

Are any of those Mackay people on Ozbow?

Mon Sewer:
If you do get down here, we'll find someone to handle you on both counts: beer and arras. I'm picking my team as I think about this, so put your sorry self on a plane and we'll see about that! :)

And don't try that excuse about the wifey not letting you come: be a man! :lol: :lol:

(Oh oh, hope henny didn't read that :shock: )

cheers all,

Erron

Jock

#22 Post by Jock » Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:42 am

Trying to post a photo of the "real" Jock
Attachments
The dam 074.jpg
The dam 074.jpg (298.61 KiB) Viewed 5836 times
Johnny B. Good.

Glenn Newell

#23 Post by Glenn Newell » Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:43 am

Nice photo Jock, is that a fishing line coming out of your mouth?

erron

#24 Post by erron » Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:58 am

That can't be Scotland, surely? Where's the rain?

:lol: :lol:

Erron