Ozbow logo?

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

gundy

Ozbow logo?

#1 Post by gundy » Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:05 am

Hey Erron, I do (or use to) a lot of logo designs etc, did you have one for Ozbow or is there a need for one?

If yes, I do not mind whipping one up...what format do you prefer for this prog?

If Erron gives the okay fellas, does anybody have any ideas?

Just a thought, if you say neh, then no probs...

Ideas that I like are in the lines of Glenns logo (the red) and cashy's logo etc.

Lets get this place rockin!

7th VB, 3rd arrow fletched.... :shock:

erron

#2 Post by erron » Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:43 am

Mate,

they're expensive arrows to fletch :wink: :!:

I've been thinking about this all week, in between trying to do enough at work to justify my job, hehehehehe. If you have any inclination, please feel free to go ahead and suggest, or even do a prototype, hey that would be great! I do have some ideas for a logo for the long term, but it will take a while to get that done. Like i said in another post, i'm busy getting content and contacts at the moment, so a bit distracted from this logo thingy. But it is important, and thanks for bringing it up.

Does anyone else have any input on this? Any thoughts or ideas or comments would be taken on board; don't be shy :)

thanks gundy, and others in anticipation of your input,

Erron

DiamondD

#3 Post by DiamondD » Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:24 am

I think a kangaroo shooting a longbow at a hunter who is sneaking through the bush would be a great logo, but that is just my humor! :shock:
Dean Daniel

erron

#4 Post by erron » Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:28 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually Dean, one thing about that image is the distinctly Australian nature of it, which is something I'd like to emphasize.

Erron

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:23 pm

I personally don't like the idea of using a Red Deer image in our logo. As Erron said, I think it has to be immediately identifiable as Australian and also traditional bowhunting/archery. A few things come to mind such as gum leaves, Akubra hats, longbows/recurves.

Just something to consider maybe. Jeff

gundy

#6 Post by gundy » Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:52 pm

I like the Acubra hat and longbow idea - excellent...

I will have a play around this week...

hennypenny

logo ideas

#7 Post by hennypenny » Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:21 pm

Hi everyone :D I hope no one is offended if I offer my 'two cents' worth on my first post. Just a quick thought on the Australian animal that could be portrayed...red back spiders, frill necked lizards, dingos, etc. Good Luck with the end product.
Peace always +

erron

#8 Post by erron » Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:29 pm

Good on you hennypenny, great to see you here!

I actually was thinking that if any animal got into the picture, my choice would also be a Dingo!

thanks for the suggestions, and welcome! :)

Erron

Papabear

#9 Post by Papabear » Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:10 am

Being as how yer country is noted for roos and rabbits - ya might consider at least one of them! :lol:
Beware the Bear!!!

Sewer Rat

#10 Post by Sewer Rat » Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:58 am

ok what the heck is an akubra or whatever hat??? Is that one o dose hats with the one brim bobby-pinned up???

I kinda dig the dingo or the 'roo too!! but what do I know, I'm just some crazy yank visitin... :lol:

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#11 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:30 am

G'day Sewer Rat,

You don't know what an Akubra hat is - that's terrible man :wink:

Here is a web site for you http://www.bootsonline.com.au/hats.htm

I don't go bush without me Akubra mate. I can't post a picture but I'll email Erron a picture of my ugly self with my Akubra on and he can put it on here maybe.
Jeff
Last edited by Stickbow Hunter on Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

erron

#12 Post by erron » Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:12 pm

Jeff,

I'm having trouble with that photo! Every time it gets to the facial features the 'puter crashes :lol:

Seriously, will do it tonight (where did all my free time go ? :o )

cheers,

Erron

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#13 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:58 pm

Hey, be nice Erron. Iffn' I was smatterer I could've posted the piccy I sent ya last night. That surely would have bluffed the computer with the facial features. At least mine are fairly well covered. :)

Sewer Rat,

Actually I sent Erron a photo of four ugly Aussie trad bowhunters. I didn't want to stand out from the crowd. :lol: Besides it gives a sample of four different Akubras. Like I said some of us Aussies like our hats.

Jeff
Last edited by Stickbow Hunter on Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

erron

#14 Post by erron » Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:45 pm

Okay, let's see how this comes up. I've resampled it down from the large original size, so I hope it doesn't lose clarity.
Then again, some features could do with softening :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by erron on Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#15 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:11 pm

Now there's a bunch of good lookin bowhunters! Well done Erron.

See what I mean Sewer Rat, those Akubra hats sure have "Character" don't they? No two are the same - at least not after we're finished with them. :lol: Jeff

erron

#16 Post by erron » Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:18 pm

Actually, that is a fine Aussie shot :!:

Thanks for it Jeff!

Erron

Sewer Rat

#17 Post by Sewer Rat » Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:09 pm

That one in the middle with the tall hat, kinda reminds me of the wifey's florida cracker redneck backwoods relatives.... gives me the bbbrrr-shiver-shakes just thinkin about it.... although they are kinda cool hats though....

are those hog jaws?? couldn't see clearly on this 'puter..... that is kinda cool way to display yer trophies....

I guess maybe a country that claims steve irwin and crocodile dundee might have one or two decent guyz down there :lol:
Toodle Pip, Ta Ta, Old Chap

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#18 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:44 pm

Hey Sewer Rat, you callin me backward :x

Well if'n you were - that isn't me :lol:

Don't worry mate we say the same thing about him. One thing you learn quick with him is never get between him and food. Man can he put some tucker away. He may look strange but you'd go a long way before you met a nicer bloke.

By the way; if you think he looks strange you should see our little mate Erron :shock: Oops! I think I'm in trouble now.

Yes they are pig jaws. They were taken out of the pigs we had just got during the previous weeks hunt. We lined them up for the photo before boiling the tusks out. Jeff