What Are We Up To

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Glenn Newell

What Are We Up To

#1 Post by Glenn Newell » Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:58 pm

OK what are we up to and where are we going. I would like to know why people here on this site think or don't think we need special rules and regulations for Traditional Bowhunters and seperate from Compound HI-Tec bowhunters. Why do we need to lobby Goverment on Traditional Bowhunters behalf and not all bowhunters behalf? What makes us Traditional Bowhunters in Australia so very different from Compound shooters that we require our own lobby group? I have my own firm ideas on this subject but I would like to hear from other people on this site...Glenn...

erron

#2 Post by erron » Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:54 pm

think or don't think we need special rules and regulations for Traditional Bowhunters
Well, I don't think we need that degree of separation. If you're referring to the Traditional Bowhunters Club, I could be wrong but I didn't think that's what they were about?
What makes us Traditional Bowhunters in Australia so very different from Compound shooters that we require our own lobby group?
Though I think we are very different in focus, I don't think we need different lobby groups, we both just need one that is functional, and appears to give a damn. From that perspective, we seem to be in big trouble...

Erron

Jackrat

#3 Post by Jackrat » Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:00 pm

Glen,as you know I am not even from Australia but I feel the issue is big enough that I will reply anyway.First off,I feel what happens in OZ is closly followed by NZs polly,s so it is in my intrests to stick my nose in.
I think bowhunters need a voice,and I think that voice should be united.
I have a lot of fun in taking the P out of compond shooters, but it is all TIC
to me.When ever a group is targeted by Gov,t or the press for some type of action the pricipal of divide and conquer is always employed.
When it comes to the future we must pull togeather and form a united front or we will be picked off with eaze.
Given that, I do think Trad, only clubs are a good idea,but not their involvment in elitest politics.
I have had to rewrite this post three times and I still don,t know if Iv,e got it right,,
Dang, :? Jack.

Glenn Newell

#4 Post by Glenn Newell » Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:51 pm

Erron I am not askng any questions about ABA or the Traditional Bowhunters club. There has been comment on this site that traditional bowhunters need a strong voice and I would like to find out why...Glenn...
Last edited by Glenn Newell on Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarkP

#5 Post by MarkP » Sun Sep 07, 2003 8:31 pm

Glenn,

I think that at the end of the day, when bowhunting is under pressure, the subtle differences between traditional bowhunting and any other form of bowhunting are not likely to be of any relevance or interest to anyone involved in the debate except us. When we are under siege by the anti's neither they nor the general public, or the politicians, will give a hoot whether or not its traditional bowhunting or any other kind of bowhunting.

I think all types of bowhunters need to unite in this matter in the interests of 'bowhunting'. Bowhunting needs a strong voice. Additionally, being united is the best way we can demonstrate the significant community benefits that acrue here in Australia due to bowhunting.

Any thoughts?

MarkP