Shooting again

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

RHarry

Shooting again

#1 Post by RHarry » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:38 am

Hello everyone, my name is Bruce and I live in Maryborough Qld ,I’ve picked up the longbow again after a short break of 30 years+. I’m interested in hunting and bow making, currently I’m useing my own bamboo backed wattle and pink ash longbow 50lb@29”. Hopefully we will get to some shoots. Cheers.

Kendaric

Re: Shooting again

#2 Post by Kendaric » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:12 am

Hello Bruce, welcome back to archery and to this forum. Your bow is a nice way to get back into it again. Have you popped into Wide Bay Archers yet for shoot? They are a trad friendly club. Gin Gin Field Archers is another not too far away.

RHarry

Re: Shooting again

#3 Post by RHarry » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:13 pm

Hi Kendaric thanks for the welcome. I will be dropping into Wide Bay Archers for a shoot once I get affiliation of some sort. I have to get used to shooting again my 75 lb Texas longbow from 30 years ago is way to heavy, I’ve trapped the back and it’s dropped some weight but I’ll stick with my bamboo backed 50 for now.
Cheers Bruce