Hi All

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

bowman86a

Hi All

#1 Post by bowman86a » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:23 pm

Hi all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself my name is Dean im really wanting to get into the traditional side of archery im 33 years old live in Sydney and enjoy the outdoors.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Hi All

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:06 pm

Welcome to Ozbow Dean. Things are pretty quiet here these days as a lot of people use Facebook etc. There is a lot of information on here and if you have specific questions just ask as I'm sure one of us will be able to help.

Jeff

woodie

#3 Post by woodie » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:40 am

Hi Dean welcome.
When all this virus stuff settles down come for a drive up to Hunter Valley Traditional Archers. We will help you out.
Woodie
may your arrows fly straight and true and your limbs return.

Jim

#4 Post by Jim » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:14 pm

gday Dean,

Welcome to Ozbow. It is quiet nowadays but still full of info.

What's got you interested in traditional archery (if there is on thing) ? I remember my foray into buying a recurve after shooting compounds for a while was reading Saxton Pope's book on archery.

Jim
"Structural Integrity of the entire arrow system is THE most important factor in terminal arrow performance. When structural integrity fails nothing else about your arrow's design matters."
-Doc Ashby

bowman86a

#5 Post by bowman86a » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Thanks all for offering help/advice if i need it.Would be good to go to one of the trad shoots at the hunter one day.

I shot compounds for years on and off.

But what interests me the most is traditional is kept simple eg no sights,d loops, release aids etc.

What i like is the fact that so many bows can be made to a persons own customization eg wood type, draw weights and so many bows are unique.

I enjoy a challenge and the sooner i get myself a trad bow the better.

I have a hoyt crx 35 for sale that i bought recently but regret buying a compound as i dont enjoy compounds anymore was more of an impulse buy from ebay.

The hoyt is fully set up in great condition it's in the trade/sale section i was hoping someone would want to do a swap for a traditional recurve so i can get into shooting asap.

Chase N. Nocks

#6 Post by Chase N. Nocks » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:05 pm

Hi Dean,

Yes welcome to the forum.

It is much quieter than it has historically been and I am guilty of not visiting as much as I used to.

This is still the best trad archery forum in Australia though as far as I can find and it is still frequented by some very knowledgeable archers from the trad/barebow fraternity.

Regards

Troy
I am an Archer. I am not a traditional archer, bowhunter, compound shooter or target archer.....I am an Archer
"Shooting the Stickbow"

....enforced by the "whistling grey-goose wing."
"The Witchery of Archery"