Corona Virus rules for Victoria

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

matt61

Corona Virus rules for Victoria

#1 Post by matt61 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:45 am

Hi All
Our authorities here in Victoria have banned going hunting and fishing.

But I can still go to work and mix with other workers(did yesterday and will be Monday) and I can still go to the supermarket (did yesterday) and walk past hundreds of other people in the aisles
and wait at the checkout next to them(social distancing of course). I can ride on a bus and I can ride on a train, I can go to BCF or Anaconda and buy fishing and camping gear.

Anaconda is still running their ... What are we doing this weekend advert... (just saw it minutes ago) Here in Victoria F#%$%%$@g nothing

But I am now not allowed to go hunting or fishing on my own where I would be nowhere near anyone else.

I have access to private property where I get access by text message and the owner does not live there and if he was there I would social distance.

They must think we are all imbeciles and not able to think for ourselves.

F%$$%%^^g ridiculous :roll: :roll: :roll:

Matt

Kendaric

Re: Corona Virus rules for Victoria

#2 Post by Kendaric » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:52 pm

Well, Victoria is the most woke and marxist state in the country.

Do the rules specifically say no fishing or hunting?

You are still allowed to get food to feed your family - and you could counter it with that.

I went fishing yesterday (Qld). There were more young and middle age men at the boat ramp yesterday than the amount of retired gents you normally see midweek.

matt61

#3 Post by matt61 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:32 pm

Hi Kendaric
According to the Victorian state chief medical officer Brett Sutton in his words ..no fishing ..no hunting no boating no camping and no golf. He is quoted as saying in today's Herald Sun.
Matt

Kendaric

#4 Post by Kendaric » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:33 pm

Yeah, apparently the Qld minister said no recreational boating a few days ago, but retracted the statement a few hours later.

Such blinded ignorance, social golf is nothing like hunting or fishing out by yourself, and they would have to find you first. It tells you a lot about a governing body that bans fishing and hunting, but allows yoga!

I'd have a look at the vic.gov website and download the restrictions from that (to cover yourself). I could not find hunting for fishing specifically mentioned. Id say that the health minister was indicated that it was 'implied', which is open for interpretation. I note that some of the news outlets were reporting the same ban.

I'd say stick to the line that you are out getting food for your family, which is not untrue.

Dam media is making such a beat up about it all, especially the ABC which wants to panic everybody. Sky News is about the only station that seems to have a common sense outlook to all of this. That is not to say that it is not of some concern. At least we are getting a break from all the climate change rubbish.

Funny that they don't mention that 57 Australians die each week from the common flu, and during the bush fires a few months ago, that 400 people in the Sydney area died from problems related to smoke inhalation complications during that period.

Kendaric

#5 Post by Kendaric » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:40 pm

I see in Victoria, that a mother, who was teaching her daughter how to drive (L plates) on the now quiet streets of Victoria, was fined $1300 for engaging in non essential activities. That is the saddest thing I have ever heard.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#6 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:24 pm

Kendaric wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:40 pm I see in Victoria, that a mother, who was teaching her daughter how to drive (L plates) on the now quiet streets of Victoria, was fined $1300 for engaging in non essential activities. That is the saddest thing I have ever heard.
Pathetic!!!

Pirsching

#7 Post by Pirsching » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:31 pm

Well Matt61,

It's been lockdown since March 22 (apart from a couple of weeks in late April???) and here it is November 8. Freedom as of tomorrow (I hope). Went with the missus for a walk along the Maribyrnong River on Friday morning. I was like an animal kept in captivity it's whole life when someone left the cage door open...not sure whether to peak outside or hide from the light LOL.
OMG, I need to get out and make up for lost time....and I'm cancelling this years birthday because as far as I'm concerned, 2020 didn't happen!