Aussie Unknown Broadhead

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Bill
Supporter
Supporter

Aussie Unknown Broadhead

#1 Post by Bill » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:03 pm

Hello,
I'm trying to find the identification of this Broadhead.
The only information that I have is that it is said to be an Australian made head.
Any assistance in identification would greatly be appreciated.
Cheers. Bill.
Attachments
Aussie Unknown..jpg
Aussie Unknown..jpg (34.25 KiB) Viewed 5332 times

Bowhunting1k

Re: Aussie Unknown Broadhead

#2 Post by Bowhunting1k » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:03 pm

Hi Bill I saw your picture of the Unknown broadhead and it made think have I got one like that in my box of old ones. So I’ve dug it out and found it. Not the after all but I remembered the green colouring. Maybe you can Id this one. Thanks Karl
Attachments
Karls unknown broadhead.JPG
Karls unknown broadhead.JPG (68.6 KiB) Viewed 5261 times

Bill
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Bill » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:29 pm

Hello Karl.
What you have there is an Australian made Broadhead built during the years of 1987 to 1991.
It's current name is "Cessnock", aka Melnick Mauler.
Believed to be built by its aka name, Mr Tony Melnick. (whereabouts currently unknown)
Also an unknown quantity were built, making this head a very special collectors item and very rare these days.
So keep it amongst your archery spoils. (for I'm sure, now that you have shown it, you will be asked to either sell or trade it.)
It will make a great talking point as to its construction and I'm sure there will other stories that will come to-light about it in time.

All the best. Cheers. Bill.

Bill
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Post by Bill » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:15 pm

Over a hundred views now.
Clearly there must be someone out there amongst some of the old traditional guys, that may know someone or something about this Broadhead.
Or anything that may associate with it apart from the information that I have already spoken of.
Cheers.

Bill
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by Bill » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:20 pm

As of this writing there have been 666 registered views.

Surely someone must have some knowledge of this Broadhead.

The only other explanation that I can guess as an answer, is that it may have been made by someone that is no longer with us.

I feel that Mr. Paul Wheller may have made a small batch of this head, for he was forever designing and building a various number of Broadheads in his day.

Unless some one else has an answer, I think this one will still remain a Mystery.

Ok, Cheers.