Aussie Bowyers

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

pumba

Aussie Bowyers

#1 Post by pumba » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:51 am

Getting back into the trad scene, want a custom made recurve. Who do I talk to I. Australia

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Aussie Bowyers

#2 Post by greybeard » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:21 am

Hi pumba,

It may be helpful to post more details as to what you require such as a one piece or takedown recurve, n to n length of bow, draw weight at your draw length and R/L handed.

The above are the basic details required but you would need to list the amount of ‘customization’ you require and if there are any budget constraints.

This information would be helpful in finding a bowyer interested in making a bow for you.

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

pumba

#3 Post by pumba » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:14 pm

Hi all
Sorry
After a recrve
Around 45# @ 29”
Going to use it for 3D archery

BowmanBjorn

#4 Post by BowmanBjorn » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:09 am

find Rob Nicoll at Flatline bows, for me he is probably the most gifted recurve bowyer in the country at the moment. his bows are beautiful and functional.
Centaur Triple carbon elite 2pce 60# @30"
Thunderstick MOAB 50# @30"
Flat line Raptor 45# @30"
Norseman Wrath 2pce 54# @30"
Norseman trilam ELB 104# @ 32"