QLD Crown land hunting petition

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Jim

QLD Crown land hunting petition

#1 Post by Jim » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:21 am

Hey all,

I was just alerted to a petition for a trial crown land hunting program for QLD. Only open to QLD residents, but if you're interested I'd encourage you to have a look and consider signing up. We've got a lot of land in this state, I would love to see it opened up again.

https://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/work- ... ls?id=3003

Jim
"Structural Integrity of the entire arrow system is THE most important factor in terminal arrow performance. When structural integrity fails nothing else about your arrow's design matters."
-Doc Ashby

perry

Re: QLD Crown land hunting petition

#2 Post by perry » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:32 pm

signed this a few days back, good to see we are having another crack as previous Petitions went no where. It was on the News tonight and they reported over 7000 signatures too Date. Hunting is Qld State Forests has the added complication of some of it being Lease Hold Land and in my view this must be respected 100% and Hunting should only occur on State Land that is not Leased.

20 minutes from Home I have State Forest with 3 species of Deer, Pigs, Dog's, Foxes and Cats as well as Wild Horses so I am dead keen for this proposal to get up. I like the Victorian model a lot more than the cumbersome R Licence crap that NSW is pushing.

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Re: QLD Crown land hunting petition

#3 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:33 pm

perry wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:32 pm I like the Victorian model a lot more than the cumbersome R Licence crap that NSW is pushing.
Agree with you there Perry.

Jeff