Membership..?

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

kimall

Membership..?

#1 Post by kimall » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:02 pm

So I am not really a club kind of guy but like going to trad shoots about the place so what is the best Ass/Club to join
to cover me for the shoots.?
Cheers KIM

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Membership..?

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:16 pm

Traditional Archery Australia has good insurance cover and is only $10 a year.

Jeff

kimall

#3 Post by kimall » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:47 pm

Thanks Jeff does that cover all the different associations do you know.? Seems very cheap.
Cheers KIM

perry

#4 Post by perry » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:51 am

Kim the short answer is that membership of any of the Archery Alliance Associations does not guarantee you can shoot at every Trad Shoot.

Traditional Archery Australia offers the cheapest membership of the Alliance and TAA Insurance is the same Policy that the other Associations use. TAA is not a governing Body and exists to represent and promote Traditional Archery in Australia and Clubs that use their Insurance are free of the constraints the Governing Bodies impose. TAA now has a number of Clubs affiliated with them around the Country to take advantage of the cheap Insurance. Under the Archery Alliance all Associations will accept TAA Membership and allow you to shoot at Cross Participation Shoot's. A Cross Participation Shoot is defined in the following Link http://www.archery.org.au/About-Us/Arch ... -Australia

Basically when the Trad Shoot Calendar is drawn up the Club concerned nominates their Shoot as open to Cross Participation or not, the relevant Association says yay or nay and it should be marked on the Calendar if the Shoot is or is not Cross Participation
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:34 am

Yes it allows you to shoot any of the alliance Trad shoots and there is open shoots so you should be covered for 99.9% of the Trad Shoots. It also covers you when bowhunting I believe but just check on that.

Jeff

kimall

#6 Post by kimall » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:52 pm

Thanks guys will get that organised.
Cheers KIM