An Interesting Comment:

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

An Interesting Comment:

#1 Post by greybeard » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:01 pm

From Stickbow.com regarding an earlier model bow;

“I don't know that it is the best but it will certainly shoot with the best of the same design in the field along with the Kmag and many of the other older bows.

Today's modern custom bow builders are playing catch-up with the 50's-60's and 70 model bows.

The customs are certainly prettier but they should be for $1000, side by side performance is not much better than the old production bows if at all."

The newer materials that are available may offer a little more in performance.

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

perry

Re: An Interesting Comment:

#2 Post by perry » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:23 pm

Generally if unbraced Profile is the same regardless of materials used performance will be similar. If you can increase Braced String Tension via design ie static recurves, reflex etc the only means available to increase performance for a given draw length is less mass, be that less mass in the Limb, String or Arrow. Lighter Mass is the biggest advantage post 2000 Bows have. We've only had a few 10's of thousands of years to experiment with Bow Design and Materials. I cant see Trad Bows shooting that much faster with the current materials
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin