Is It Secure?

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

Is It Secure?

#1 Post by greybeard » Tue May 29, 2018 8:47 pm

I am always wary when an internet service provider wants to store your password on some cloud or elsewhere.

What are your thoughts?

Daryl.
Google Smart Lock.jpg
Google Smart Lock.jpg (31.33 KiB) Viewed 1900 times
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

Outbackdad
Site Admin

Re: Is It Secure?

#2 Post by Outbackdad » Wed May 30, 2018 12:27 pm

:think:

perry

#3 Post by perry » Wed May 30, 2018 11:38 pm

I have allowed google to store my Passwords for some Forums and never had an issue. Obviously when it comes to online banking etc not on your nelly !
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

little arrows

#4 Post by little arrows » Thu May 31, 2018 7:07 pm

I have only had that message come up for me since I changed my browser to Chrome (or it could just be part of the Windows 10 upgrades too I guess) anyhoo, I'm the same as Perry, I only use it to store some of the forum passwords, nothing else. Just keep answering Never, or perhaps there's a function in the setting of our individual browsers that stops it coming up....

cheers
sue

RobHunter

#5 Post by RobHunter » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:34 pm

Windows 10 (ie Edge app) its in settings>Advanced settings

As per picture

I hate using google chrome - so I cant help you specifically with any settings in that.
I find it is invasive and clashes with a lot of other programs I use.

Hope that helps.

btw most financial services pages don't allow you to save passwords using edge or Firefox. Again not known if Chrome does.

Rgds

Rob
Attachments
Image 010.jpg
Image 010.jpg (21.27 KiB) Viewed 1810 times

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

#6 Post by greybeard » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:14 pm

Thank you for your replies.

I shall keep passwords to myself because once they are in some ones data base [such as Google] they can be part of the jigsaw that could be used and shared to build a profile of a user.

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....