Who Else Is Listening?

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

Who Else Is Listening?

#1 Post by greybeard » Sat May 26, 2018 5:53 pm

Pitfalls of modern technology;

www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-25/amazon-a ... ct/9799044

I believe that recordings from these types of devices have been presented as evidence in trials in the American justice system.

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

perry

Re: Who Else Is Listening?

#2 Post by perry » Sat May 26, 2018 11:00 pm

pitfalls indeed ! I have read that Smart TV's are capable of recording info and sending it to Retailers or worse. If I go on EBay to look at how much somethings worth or to check availability, next thing you know adverts for that item pop up on my Facebook Page. Mobiles can basically track your where about's and provide info to retailers. Privacy is one price we pay but to me the worst cost is that these devices steal peoples attention from their relationships, hurt social interaction and many people have separation anxiety if they are separated from their Device's

regards Jacko
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin