Dodging Arrows

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

Dodging Arrows

#1 Post by greybeard » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:55 pm

I found the following on the internet.
Dodging Arrows.jpg
Dodging Arrows.jpg (131.9 KiB) Viewed 1920 times
If the above calculations are correct do they indicate that you can dodge the arrow if it’s average speed does not exceed 184.9 fps.

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

Muz1970

Re: Dodging Arrows

#2 Post by Muz1970 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:09 pm

Just need to find some volunteers Daryl.

perry

#3 Post by perry » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:47 am

years ago a person that will remain nameless dressed up in his Medieval Outfit and carrying a big shield challenged a few notables at the Grange Bowmen to shoot him with Rubber Blunts - who are we to turn down such a Challenge

Said Nong was dancing about easily fending off our Arrows giggling and mouthing off until Evil Dave circled around behind him and from 30 meter's carefully placed a Flu Flu Rubber Blunt to the left Hamstring, dropped him like a School Port, you should have heard the sooking ! Sorta sets the scene for what would happen in a Battle

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

Stu Ballz

#4 Post by Stu Ballz » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:47 pm

perry wrote:years ago a person that will remain nameless dressed up in his Medieval Outfit and carrying a big shield challenged a few notables at the Grange Bowmen to shoot him with Rubber Blunts - who are we to turn down such a Challenge

Said Nong was dancing about easily fending off our Arrows giggling and mouthing off until Evil Dave circled around behind him and from 30 meter's carefully placed a Flu Flu Rubber Blunt to the left Hamstring, dropped him like a School Port, you should have heard the sooking ! Sorta sets the scene for what would happen in a Battle

regards Perry

Hahahaha
I would have loved to see that