THE BATTLE of the CLASSIC

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Roadie

THE BATTLE of the CLASSIC

#1 Post by Roadie » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:57 am

GREY BEARD Bows.
Last weekend at a Trad Shoot at Dunnolly, Jason from SwanHill and my self had a little wager amongst ourselves as to who would Beat who. We both shoot Bows made by Greybeard. Jason has one of his Timber and glass Recurves of around 45lbs and I have one of his Primitive Bows of Spotted Gum and Bamboo of around 38lbs.
On Saturday Jason was in front by 30 points on Sunday we shoot the field course again and when all points were added up I had beaten him by 2 points. It was a Great shoot, and now the pressure is on for a rematch at the Swan Hill Trad shoot in a couple of weeks time. So at this moment in time PRIMITIVE RULES.
I wish to thank Greybeard for the Bows , they are a pleasure to shoot. Cheers Roadie.

little arrows

Re: THE BATTLE of the CLASSIC

#2 Post by little arrows » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:48 pm

good on you Roadie. Best advertising in the world is a happy customer, two is even better. ;)

cheers
sue

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by greybeard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:14 am

Hi Roadie,

It is pleasing to hear that Jason and you are enjoying the Greybeard bows.

I was once told that age and cunning will always beat youth and enthusiasm.

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

perry

#4 Post by perry » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:12 pm

and you have grown disproportionately in cunning than in years Daryl :]
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin