An opportunity to move on, shoot my Bow, Hunt and go Fishing

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

perry

An opportunity to move on, shoot my Bow, Hunt and go Fishing

#1 Post by perry » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:50 pm

This is a Post I put on my Facebook Page.

Righto I am saving my heart out at the moment because I want to go down to the Traditional Archery Australia First National Muster,

A thought - the Archery is whats important ! I am NOT trying to stir the Pot and maybe this Post is inappropriate BUT I hope this Post gets shared far and wide and helps to eeze understandably hurt feelings and less important bruised ego's healing. Forgive but not forget so we can learn from our experiences.

For reasons that are fast becoming a major irritant to me where some good friends of mine where badly treated at a Trad Shoot and other Political ******** that always worms into any Club or Association I have ever been involved with the blame game for the regrettable incident has sadly got out of control and the inaugural Muster has been dragged into a Political **** Storm quite unfairly in my opinion.

Personnel animosity needs to be separated from the intent of the first Traditional Archery Australia National Muster, this Tournament should be free of any personnel beef's and Political Crap - I'd love all members of TAA, and all members of the 3 Governing Bodies of Archery in Australia today to consider coming to this Shoot

If anyone is upset by my word's, this is not my intention, buy hey it seems Aussies are increasingly outraged now days. Please put it aside and lets all kiss and make up, well some of you can kiss me, others a hug will do and I'll see you all down there.

another thought - the success of Traditional Archery Australia as a representative group for ALL Traditional Archer's in Australia is important because as a Group it has the potential to strengthen Archery in Australia just as the continued success of all 3 Governing Bodies of Archery in Australia Archery Australia, Australia Bowhunter's Association and 3D Archery Association of Australia can only lead to the continued popularity of Archery in Australia

http://www.traditionalarcheryaustralia. ... 017(2).pdf

In an ideal world I'll save enough money to go up to Biggenden for the Australian Pre 1900 Rendezvous Associations Black Powder Shoot on the October long weekend. Then on the way down to Mudgee for the National Muster on the next weekend have a Hunt or 2 and a look around at some new Country.

After the Muster I'd like to drive across to the Coast and have a look about the Bega, Tilba , Narooma Region for a bit of Fishing, collecting Mussel's and other Shellfish and a general sticky beak to sample the regions Cheese and Wine Makers and other associated goodies.

The next Weekend is a Trad Shoot at the Coffs Coast Archery Club - sounds pretty cool way to spend some time to me. If I shoot a Goat or a Rabbit or 3 I have the Meat for the Trip organised - great way to save Money and then supplement that with Fish and Shellfish on the way up the Coast.

Lets see how much I can save and what I can afford. At the least the Goal is to go Hunting on the way down to the Muster on the 7th and 8th,spend a week inbetween Fishing and looking at new sight's and the Coffs Coast Trad Shoot on the 14th and 15th of October

https://coffscoastarchery.com/
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

sage

Re: An opportunity to move on, shoot my Bow, Hunt and go Fis

#2 Post by sage » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:13 pm

Well said. Let's move on and stand strong together promoting traditional archery. :Bow