The Abbey Medieval Festival

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

perry

The Abbey Medieval Festival

#1 Post by perry » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:06 pm

https://abbeymedievalfestival.com/

The Abbey Medieval Festival is on this coming Weekend Folks. I am not much into the Reinactment side of things but I love that so many other People are and the commitment they have to making their Costumes , Encampment's and dedication to passing on their knowledge of pre Renaissance life is admirable. I have often thought I should just jump in and join a Group as I love everything pre 1900 and there is so many shared Skill's.

I'll be sitting down at the Traditional Archery Companye Archery Stall whittling away on a Selfbow, sharing my knowledge and answering any and all questions the Public ask me as I have done for Years now. Every Year the same People I spoke to at previous Festivals come back to see me, some of them have become firm friends, others just like to come and listen to me while they sit and enjoy Lunch while their Kids go for a Shot on the Range for the umpteenth time that Day. I also bump into old friends i have not seen for Years. I am proud to say I have taught a great many of these People about making pre1900 Traditional Archery Gear and they are now loving their Archery

I am sure Colin [Hunterguy 1991] will be there sharing his knowledge and enthusiasm for all things English Warbow up in his Reenactment Groups encampment. I rarely get the opportunity to walk around and look at all the Encampment's, Displays, the Archery Comp, Jousting, Stall's etc but I'll try to sneak in a bit of browsing as there is alway's something fresh and exiting going on

Hope to see you all there, it really is a great Day out. Actually there is too much to see and do in a Day so make a weekend of it. I'll try to get around and take some Photo's to share.

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

gazza

Re: The Abbey Medieval Festival

#2 Post by gazza » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:41 am

have a great time perry try and keep off that bung knee ,gaz.
The older i get the better i was

hunterguy1991

#3 Post by hunterguy1991 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:07 am

Will definitely be floating around the site and in my groups Encampment and I will definitely have some warbows with me.

I have a couple of medieval fletching demo's during the days and a warbow display on the main field at 11:30 Sunday morning thats sure to be a bit of fun!!

Look forward to seeing how that Osage bow is going mate!

Colin

perry

#4 Post by perry » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:16 pm

Colin I have not started that Osage Stave Yet, I'll remove growth Rings on that Gnarly Stave until my patience runs out on Saturday but I have a Bow I was working on last year I really want to finish this weekend.

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin