Traditional Archery Australia Selfbow Workshop's

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

perry

Traditional Archery Australia Selfbow Workshop's

#1 Post by perry » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:04 pm

I am really looking forward to the first Traditional Archery Australia Selfbow Workshop being held at Lakeside Bowmen over the weekend of the 1st and 2nd of April. Details are in the link but if you want to know more, ask here or send me a PM or Email

http://www.traditionalarcheryaustralia. ... kshops.pdf

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

gazza

Re: Traditional Archery Australia Selfbow Workshop's

#2 Post by gazza » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:16 pm

yes mate i,m looking forward to the weekend ,i,m bringing my camp oven there should be enough firewood to start a fire saturday night lol gazza. Camping6
The older i get the better i was

UPTHETOP

#3 Post by UPTHETOP » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:50 pm

Good luck with it all Perry, In my eyes there just isn't enough work shops to pass the knowledge on these days. Wish I could be there but prime deer time and already had other things organised. Best of luck.

Cheers Wayno
Justastik Arrow Craft, Its all about the Wood.

perry

#4 Post by perry » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:12 pm

Thanks Wayno, I have a Fallow Deer Hunt organised for next Month Mate. I missed the Rut last year but hope to get the tail end of it this Year. I have not taken a Deer yet and I hope to fill the Freezer next month.

I plan on holding Selfbow Workshop's in conjunction with Traditional Archery Australia regularly but I am also available privately to pass on any of the other Traditional Skills I have picked up over the Decades like Leathercraft or if someone is stuck on tuning their Bow, Arrow's etc. My buggered Back stops me from shooting a Bow as much as I'd like but there is no reason I can't still be involved and get out and about.

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

Chase N. Nocks

#5 Post by Chase N. Nocks » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:06 am

Good onya mate.

Maybe the boys and I can pop in Saturday arvo or Sunday morning time willing. Unfortunately no able to make the full workshop.

Maybe next time. I think arrow making and string making are assumed and under appreciated skills.

I can honestly say that I have never made an arrow worth admitting to.

Cheers
Troy
I am an Archer. I am not a traditional archer, bowhunter, compound shooter or target archer.....I am an Archer
"Shooting the Stickbow"

....enforced by the "whistling grey-goose wing."
"The Witchery of Archery"

perry

#6 Post by perry » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:55 pm

You'd be most welcome Troy. Should be some good company and who know's something to learn while your looking on.

regards Perry

- Charles Darwin

RobHunter

#7 Post by RobHunter » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:57 am

Well done Perry

I see its fully booked. Lucky people get the benefit of learning from an experienced bowyer.

Hope the TAA get the people to run them in other states.

Rgds

Rob

perry

#8 Post by perry » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:37 am

G/Day Rob, mate it's a Team effort. Lot's of people in Traditional Archery Australia have done their bit getting this Workshop up and going. We are already planning the 2nd Workshop. I'll keep everyone Posted on the detail's. For the Workshop's to be a success and to be expanded to the other Region's we need the support of the Traditional Archery Community. We have a lot of knowledgeable Traditional Archer's and Hunter's with much too share in this Country, we'd be remiss not to make sure their knowledge and skill's are passed on. For the Workshop's to be a success and to be expanded to other Region's and State's we need the support of the Traditional Archery Community, I can't see this being a problem.

regards Perry

- Charles Darwin

cadet

#9 Post by cadet » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:23 pm

I'd certainly be interested if you ever get a workshop happening in Vic... Hmm: might PM you: already have the venue and some of the "reach" into a target audience...