Hunting NZ

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Old Soul

Hunting NZ

#1 Post by Old Soul » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:57 pm

Hi everyone, I am planning a trip to NZ in August of this year. I was wondering if anyone out there has any hunting experience in NZ? Which is the best island for hunting, north or south? I am headed to the south island for my trip and was hoping someone might be able part with some tips on which town would be good to stay in for this purpose? Also I hunt with a primitive style bow, does anyone know if there are travel restrictions with regard to the timber being moved between the countries?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Scott

archerark

Re: Hunting NZ

#2 Post by archerark » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:39 am

Just give customs a ring and they will help you out with what your requierments are for wooden bows and arrows

Flatliner

Re: Hunting NZ

#3 Post by Flatliner » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:47 am

Hi Scott, how's it going?
What, not enough dear in the Brisbane valley for you mate?
I know there are a lot of dear in the high-lands around Queenstown, but that time of year you would be neck deep in snow, maybe somewhere further north and at a lower altitude would be better.
I don't have any contacts in NZ anymore and the ones I did have where dear farmers, not hunters so no good to you anyway.
No mater where you end up it will be beautiful country just to be in, so have fun mate.

Cheers, Rob.
The shortest distance between two points is a FLATLINE
ImageEmail; robnicoll(at)bigpond(dot)com
www.flatlinebows.com.au