The Warrior Chronicles

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

perry

The Warrior Chronicles

#1 Post by perry » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm

The Warrior Chronicles - Bernard Cornwell
The Pale Horseman
The Lords of the North
Sword Song
The Burning Land
Death of Kings
The Pagan Lord
The Empty Throne --------

Throughout this Year I have read the first 5 Books in this outstanding Series of Book's. Last week I read "The Pagan Lord", I've just finished reading "The Empty Throne. Come Wednesday, my last Payday for Christ knows how long, finally free :dance: - I'll Celebrate and buy myself the last book that has been written in the series to date called "Warriors of the Storm"

Folks I can not recommend this series of Books highly enough. Bernard Cornwell is a master of his Art. For those of you with Netflix they have Series 1 of "The Last Kingdom" which is adapted from The Warrior Chronicles" It is a case of failing to live up to the Book's but entertaining and well worth watching.

http://www.bernardcornwell.net/

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

Roadie

Re: The Warrior Chronicles

#2 Post by Roadie » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:18 pm

Ay Perry,what did I tell you. Great read . Cheers Roadie.

perry

#3 Post by perry » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:25 pm

I've not read better Mate !

Yesterday I was sitting in the Air Con Reading the Book at the Shopping Centre whilst enjoying a Coffee with Mandy. I told her that I had connected with the Uhtred character and as each chapter played out I found myself thinking ahead and how I occasionally preempted the tactic's or moves Uhtred was about to use, be they in a Battle or in his personnel struggles. Mind you there was plenty that I did not see coming.

Come on Wednesday, last Payday, so looking forward to buying the latest Book and moving on from the Job I have held for near 20 years - what a **** waste of my talent's.

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

Gringa Bows

#4 Post by Gringa Bows » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:27 pm

Wish i could read books like you blokes,20 or 30 words and i've had enough

Jim

#5 Post by Jim » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:10 am

Perry,

I just started reading the same series before Chirstmas and I'm halfway through Burning Land now. A wonderful series and I think anyone with an interest in this period of history would find them entertaining and informative.

Jim
"Structural Integrity of the entire arrow system is THE most important factor in terminal arrow performance. When structural integrity fails nothing else about your arrow's design matters."
-Doc Ashby

Chase N. Nocks

#6 Post by Chase N. Nocks » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:15 pm

Yes he is a good author for sure.

I am a definite fan of his work having read his excellent Arthur series.

A talented and prolific writer. Apparently the Sharpe series is very good as is the Holy Grail series

Also the 2nd season of The Last Kingdom has just started on Netflix as well.

Cheers
Troy
I am an Archer. I am not a traditional archer, bowhunter, compound shooter or target archer.....I am an Archer
"Shooting the Stickbow"

....enforced by the "whistling grey-goose wing."
"The Witchery of Archery"

perry

#7 Post by perry » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:18 pm

Chase N. Nocks wrote:Yes he is a good author for sure.

I am a definite fan of his work having read his excellent Arthur series.

A talented and prolific writer. Apparently the Sharpe series is very good as is the Holy Grail series

Also the 2nd season of The Last Kingdom has just started on Netflix as well.

Cheers
Troy

Troy I not long back read the latest Book in the Warrior Chronical's "Warrior's of the Storm" Bernard continues his wonderful Story, poor old Uhtred still has not taken Bebbanberg back yet so I am waiting impatiently for the next Book to hit the Stores.

I absolutely loved the Holy Grail Series, really excellent reading. I must have a look and see if Cornwall has released another Book in the series.

On Netflix they say they are releasing a new Episode each week of "The Last Kingdom" I'm really enjoying the serialised Uhtred, not so different from the Books as to change the Story as so many TV Shows do now day's. Episode 2 is not on the Playlist yet and it's already past "each week" !

For a little while now I have been keeping an eye out for the Sharpes series Books and have bought a heap of them from Flea Market's, Book Exchanges etc but I have not found the first Book in the series yet so have not started reading them.

regards Perry

- Charles Darwin

bone idyll

#8 Post by bone idyll » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:03 pm

LB rod 55 wrote:Wish i could read books like you blokes,20 or 30 words and i've had enough
I just read the dictionary mate and make up my own storys...all the words are in there :Tent