Dean Torges passes.

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

bigbob

Dean Torges passes.

#1 Post by bigbob » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:57 pm

Just passing on the info that Dean Torges emminent bowyer, author, legend etc passed away on 4th Nov.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

kimall

Re: Dean Torges passes.

#2 Post by kimall » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:19 pm

Wow thats a huge loss I know he had cancer but thought he was coping.Glad I got a copy of his bowmaking dvd I will think of him making the next one.
Cheers KIM

perry

#3 Post by perry » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:51 pm

Dean was Mates with Glenn Newell and visited Australia and stayed with Glenn. I heard a lot of funny stories about the Man and his sense of humour. A couple of my Mates went to the Maleny Pub with Dean, Glenn and his Wife and told me Dean was a good fella and always ready for a laugh. I never got to meet him but I learned a lot from him, most importantly to challenge the conventional view's on Selfbow's, their design and construction. RIP Dean

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

bigbob

#4 Post by bigbob » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:05 pm

I remember an article years ago where Glen travelled over to USA staying with both Dean Torges and another bowyer whose name now escapes me.Another legend ceases to exist physically on this earth. At least for men of this calibre, their name will always be on someone's lips into the foreseeable future.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

little arrows

#5 Post by little arrows » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:14 pm

It is sad, the passing of another legend. My better half had the opportunity of meeting Dean when Glenn dropped in, on his way north. A very interesting and knowledgeable man. RIP

Sue

woodie

#6 Post by woodie » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:45 am

A great loss to the bow making world.
may your arrows fly straight and true and your limbs return.