Gold Coast Renaissance Faire this Sunday and Monday

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

perry

Gold Coast Renaissance Faire this Sunday and Monday

#1 Post by perry » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:50 am

Ordinarily I'd be out Hunting this long weekend Folks, had a Hunt planned in fact but I promised old Mate Shrek I'd be help his motley Trad Gang from the Hinterland Bowmen with their Archery Stall. Really looking forward to this.

The Gold Coast Renaissance Faire fires up Sunday and Monday. The last 2 have been good value but this weekend they have expanded it to include Jousting Tournaments and have moved to the Robina Parkland's opposite CBus Stadium at Robina so there is a lot more room and more attractions. I'll be there chipping away finishing some Selfbow's, making Arrows and Strings and the bit I love the most talking Archery to the Public.

The Hinterland Bowman do a top job educating the Public with their Archery Stall. As always the public will line up 6 and 8 deep patiently waiting their turn to have a crack shooting the Clubs well presented Bows and Arrows. The old venue was great right on the Sand Dunes at Broadbeach so I'll miss the Bikini's but I'm sure there will be plenty to catch my attention amid the Stalls.

Should be a top weekend, look forward to seeing you and catching up with Mates made from the previous Fairs.

http://www.goldcoastrenfaire.com/

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

perry

Re: Gold Coast Renaissance Faire this Sunday and Monday

#2 Post by perry » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:13 pm

What a bloody disappointment. I drove down the Coast on Saturday Arvo, spent the Night at the Hinterland Bowmen and then wandered down bright and early to the Renaissance Faire

It was tucked in a cow paddock behind CBus Stadium, zero signs pointing the way and I was told by many Gold Coast Residents I spoke to at the Faire there was minimal advertising. Many exhibitors I spoke to where unhappy.

The construction of the Archery Range was sub standard, The Backstops where constructed cheaply and would not stop an Arrow. A overhead screen to deflect errant Arrows downward was flimsy and full of holes. A Hinterland member demonstrated the Faults on Friday to Event Management The Hinterland Crew submitted plans and constantly tried to deal with the event organiser to ensure the Range was SAFE but where largely ignored.

In the interests of Public Safety and the Hinterland Bowmen's good name a decision was made not to go ahead with the Archery Stall. Event Management was less than helpful when a resolution was sort. A really unfortunate aspect was the vast amount of Work the good folks of the Hinterland Bowmen put into their side of the Deal. To have this stunt pulled by the Event organiser to save money was appalling

After the decision to not go ahead with the Archery Range I took the time to walk around and renew friendship's struck up over the previous Renaissance Faire's, look at the displays, chat to the stall holders and even bought myself a small Tomahawk known as a Mouse Hawk. I came home late Saturday afternoon, just as well as the Weather on Sunday was miserable.

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin