Its a sad world

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Outbackdad
Site Admin

Its a sad world

#1 Post by Outbackdad » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:37 pm

After reading a couple of hobby forms over the last few years I have seen the world getting so angry. People cannot have an option anymore without some getting upset as they do not agree with someone else’s option. Everyone is entitled to have their own ideas and they do not have to be the same as yours and mine. I just read them and take from there information what I want and leave the rest. Some take it so bad they say they will no post anymore, cannot talk respectfully any more. This is everywhere these days.

Let’s all respect each other.

Kendaric

Re: Its a sad world

#2 Post by Kendaric » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:52 pm

Absolutely!

Alas, it seems that due to social media and the news nowadays, people are actually looking for ways to be offended over such minor things, often when it has nothing to do with them.

Truth is that many of these people actually get an unconscious kick out of being offended. Gives their ego a sense of self, and on social media, they can find lots of other people who are equally offended and equally unconscious, to support their ego self.

bstan86

#3 Post by bstan86 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:10 pm

If you wouldn't say it in person, don't post it online.
That's what I go by.

Saying that - taking offence at something is a choice each and every one of us has the OPTION to make.

No-one can force you to be offended. We all dictate how/what we are "offended" by.

If someone is talking crap, then I am more than happy to point it out and call them on it.

If they get offended then that's fine - their choice.

perry

#4 Post by perry » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:41 pm

Political Correctness goes a long way to the core of this topic. There is a Meme that gets about Social Media that simply States, Australia what are we outraged about today ! a fair assessment of today's Media and unquestioning Sheeple.

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

kimall

#5 Post by kimall » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:45 am

Yep respect people enough that you can let them be wrong.
Cheers KIM

bigbob

#6 Post by bigbob » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:46 pm

i agree with original post, Eddie. This is why I seldom get involved with some posts that turn personal or highly critical.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

kimall

#7 Post by kimall » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:08 pm

But that is the point Bob you should never feel any hesitation in getting involved in any thread you are just as entitled as anyone else.
I DO fully understand your comment though. :Tent
Cheers KIM

bigbob

#8 Post by bigbob » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:12 pm

Realise that , kimall but for me its not worth the aggravation sometimes. I wouldn't be able to change some people's views no matter what, and if I did to what purpose, so live and let live I feel as I get older but no wiser.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com