TRADITIONAL ARCHERY TERMINOLOGY

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

kimall

Re: TRADITIONAL ARCHERY TERMINOLOGY

#31 Post by kimall » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:29 pm

I will respond to one of the posts,against my better judgement.
To increase spine weight in an arrow to the point of extreme foc in a wood arrow the weight of arrow then overrides the foc. You can not get the same level of foc in a wood arrow as carbon.....not possible. Kendric you just made your self look real silly I suggest when grown ups talk just sit and watch/listen.
Cheers KIM

Dennis La Varenne

#32 Post by Dennis La Varenne » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:35 pm

I must add you said before I miss the point but when I have gone to the shoots around the country and shared a fire with the archers or Australia the feedback I have got is that perhaps you should spend more time having a shot with others and less time reading books if you want an idea of what TRADITIONAL ARCHERY is in this country.
Kim, you are trying to make a virtue of ignorance. It belittles you more than anything I can say.
Dennis La Varénne

Have the courage to argue your beliefs with conviction, but the humility to accept that you may be wrong.

QVIS CVSTODIET IPSOS CVSTODES (Who polices the police?) - DECIMVS IVNIVS IVVENALIS (Juvenal) - Satire VI, lines 347–8

What is the difference between free enterprise capitalism and organised crime?

HOMO LVPVS HOMINIS - Man is his own predator.

bstan86

#33 Post by bstan86 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:52 pm

Dennis La Varenne wrote:you are trying to make a virtue of ignorance. It belittles you more than anything I can say.

Dennis - you've hit the nail on the head there. :clap:

But it is aimed at the wrong person. It applies so well to you and your comments it's poetically ironic.

Dennis La Varenne

#34 Post by Dennis La Varenne » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:53 am

Et tu, bstan86!
Dennis La Varénne

Have the courage to argue your beliefs with conviction, but the humility to accept that you may be wrong.

QVIS CVSTODIET IPSOS CVSTODES (Who polices the police?) - DECIMVS IVNIVS IVVENALIS (Juvenal) - Satire VI, lines 347–8

What is the difference between free enterprise capitalism and organised crime?

HOMO LVPVS HOMINIS - Man is his own predator.

Outbackdad
Site Admin

#35 Post by Outbackdad » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:54 am

As this topic has lost it way and become too personal it is now Closed!