Getting a bow delivered/posted from overseas.

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Bago

Getting a bow delivered/posted from overseas.

#1 Post by Bago » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:23 pm

Hey guys ive been wanting one of those Timbercreek Cottonmouth bows that Merlins archery sell in England. Just wanted to know if there are any rules with getting my bow shipped into the country at all? And are there any problems with bows going through customs and so on?

perry

Re: Getting a bow delivered/posted from overseas.

#2 Post by perry » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:00 pm

I have never had a problem when I have imported Bows but who knows with Australian Customs, they make some mind numbingly stupid Arbitary decisions at the best of times. Freight from Europe is a killer, last Bow I shipped cost me $130 but that was some time ago. Most Mobs ship through Couriers like DHL. I would guess now you would have to pay around $180+ to ship a one piece Bow
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

tricky

#3 Post by tricky » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:40 pm

On the customs side of things. Last time I had a bow imported from OS I rang customs to get the lowdown. In essence if the bow cost is under the exchange rate equivalent of $1000aud, not including shipping, when it arrives in Aus then it should go through no problems. If it is over then they add the shipping cost and calculate 10% GST + another 5% duty that I can't recall, and that's what you pay to get it. This was about 2 years ago and I'm going off memory so best check those details if it makes or breaks a purchase.

curve

#4 Post by curve » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:14 pm

I've had a few from o/s no problem at all...just make sure that you receive the tracking details so that you can track the item...cheers..

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by greybeard » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:50 pm

This might throw a spanner in the works!
Merlin Archery.jpg
Merlin Archery.jpg (89.1 KiB) Viewed 2519 times
Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

Bago

#6 Post by Bago » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:28 am

Yeh i noticed that. Might have to get a mate thats over there too ship it for me :smile:

Bago

#7 Post by Bago » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:49 am

Thanks for the replys guys!