After a

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Roadie

After a

#1 Post by Roadie » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:25 pm

Wonderful and memory filled 2 days with liked minded folks at Andy Firth memorial shoot held at Rob Mackenzie ln Wisemans Ferry, I am limping home or I should say the Ute is limping home with a rather battered left front eye. In fog this morning south of Goulburn,we hit a Kangaroo, luckily for me, we wernt travelling at a to greater speed. In Hay by the Ŕiver, taking a break. All going well I should make it home by tonight. Cheers Roadie.

bigbob

Re: After a

#2 Post by bigbob » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:38 pm

Take care Roadie. neither the Kingswood nor you, are getting any younger.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

Outbackdad
Site Admin

#3 Post by Outbackdad » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:28 pm

All the best Roadie, hope tonite see's you home and safe.

perry

#4 Post by perry » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:22 pm

Ouch Grant, so long as your more or less in one Piece. It sounds like Andy's Memorial was a good Shoot.

I know exactly where your Camped Grant, Gary and I stayed there 3 years ago on our memorable 6000 K round Trip to attend the inaugural Mildura Trad Shoot. We were sound asleep in our Swags when it started to Rain so we threw everything into the Car and Trailer and got out of there quick smart. Spent the rest of the night sleeping in the Car behind the Library in Hay.

Keep an eye out for a Tent Pole we lost in our quick pack up will you Mate :]

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

Roadie

#5 Post by Roadie » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:51 pm

1725hrs Have arrived home. Was stopped at a RBT that they had set in NSW at the bridge as you cross into VIC, a rather young officer wanted to put me of the road as occording to her my vehicle was unroadworthy, after explaining to her and a more senior officer what had happenned and I had just driven over 800 klm as is, and I was only 7 klms from h ome the senior officer let me go, So now it's Beer time and I can relax. Cheers Roadie.

little arrows

#6 Post by little arrows » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:44 pm

gosh Roadie that's no good. I did get your message however my phone seems to be malfunctioning. Pleased you are ok and the car is limping, better than not going at all. Now your home safe and sound that is the main thing.
Take care.
cheers
sue