Abbey

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Christopher

Abbey

#1 Post by Christopher » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:30 pm

Had a blast over the weekend at Abbey Medieval Festival and even caught up with a bowyer for a good chat, now i guess i will be going to be taught to make my own personal longbow :D Now that is 2 bowyers i have personally met and to be honest i am in awe of the way they spoke to me and treated me, totally different then i expect, truthfully i was expecting alot a people with chips on their shoulders and i am soooo glad to be proven wrong ( please take no offense ) They are two of the most amazing blokes i have ever met cheers, oh and thx to the one that gave my son a handle of one his bows zzzzz lol now my son won't stop talking about the King Bow man ( he calls the longbow a King Bow cause it was way taller then what he is haha ) and will not stop talking archery lol, as i am very very fresh to Archery i have found a really nice bunch of people here more then i expected, thank you all for accepting me, i want to learn more then just pick up a bow and just shoot it and i guess i found the right group of people straight away, thank you all.

cheers to you all

p.s.

soon as i get funds sorted i will give you a call Col :)

hunterguy1991

Re: Abbey

#2 Post by hunterguy1991 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:18 pm

More than glad to have a chat about archery and get you started into a life long passion mate! We'll get something made up for the young fella and get him shooting with you as well. :biggrin:

perry

Re: Abbey

#3 Post by perry » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:40 pm

Christopher the Abbey is a top event event I look forward too working there each and every year. Wrapt that your expectations have been exceeded in your introduction to Traditional Archery, there is a lot of knowledgeable people about the place only to happy to share their experience and knowledge

regards Jacko
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin