RSPCA want Arrows Tracked in Queensland

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

perry

RSPCA want Arrows Tracked in Queensland

#1 Post by perry » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:42 pm

Hey, Eddie, can I type what I really want to say about these Clowns ?

http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/ne ... d/3041750/

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

bigbob

Re: RSPCA want Arrows Tracked in Queensland

#2 Post by bigbob » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:46 pm

that's all right Perry the poll is showing 92% against registering so that might give an indication of the relevance.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

perry

#3 Post by perry » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:26 pm

The RSPCA lost all credibility with me Years ago when they where found guilty in a Court of Law for Maiming 2 Dogs, I think with Soldering Irons in an attempt to make the Burns looks like they where caused by Training Colars

Can you imagine Christmas at the Jackson House when my Dad and my Brother Inlaw sit me next to my Brothers Wife who was a TV Presenter with the RSPCA TV Show and ask me about my last Bowhunt and if I shot any Goats, Pigs or cute little Bunnies

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

perry

#4 Post by perry » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:36 pm

While I'm at it, make no mistake, Hunting Archery or Firearm, Fishing, Archery and Firearm Target Shooting is all under serious threat in Australia, the ANTI Movement is gathering momentum and if we don't wake up to this soon - we are done. Tradition Skills mean nothing to these lefttards [ cleaned that up quick ]

http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/sport/ ... ecdeafe958

Look at all the crap thats going on in Europe and tell me this is not part of an agenda

http://blog.davide-pedersoli.com/muzzle ... e-by-face/

http://www.face.eu/sites/default/files/ ... unters.pdf

regards Perry

- Charles Darwin

cadet

#5 Post by cadet » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:14 am

Indeed, there is an ideological war going on, and most people don't even know.

cmoore

#6 Post by cmoore » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:27 pm

So now if you make you make your own arrows you will be illegally manufacturing a controlled weapon/missile :think:
Set Happens

bigbob

#7 Post by bigbob » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:23 pm

Idiotic group of rabid fanatics called PETA is one group intent on applying their twisted logic on the general public. Look up PETA [People for Ethical Treatment of Animals] and google atrocities committed under their banner. thousands of animals supposedly in their care have been euthanised by them for what ever reason. I believe they are listed as a terrorist organisation in some countries due to their extreme measures in trying to instil their warped ideology on the public at large.These are the fruit loops who only couple of years ago wanted fish in our waters to be called sea kittens, presumably as it infers something nice and cuddly. Total whackos!!
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

perry

#8 Post by perry » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:32 pm

Talking of PETA, check this propaganda out - frightening how messed up this Mob are

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=peta ... ChwQsAQIIQ

regards Perry

- Charles Darwin

Outbackdad
Site Admin

#9 Post by Outbackdad » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:34 pm

perry wrote:Hey, Eddie, can I type what I really want to say about these Clowns ?

http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/ne ... d/3041750/

regards Perry

Sorry Perry, we can not let that kind of language on the site.

I also do not support this lot.

The Ranger

#10 Post by The Ranger » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:03 pm

G'day Perry, yep I think the RSPCA are in the same category as the Greens nowadays. Just not as dangerous. I think their idea to track arrows that are sold is bordering on the laughable and is embarrassing to think that would get off the ground as legislation. It really shows how much they don't know about archery and how little intelligence they have. Anyone with have a brain could see this is ridiculous.

Ranger
Don't practise until you get it right. Practise until you don't get it wrong. Ranger Bows.

clinton miller

#11 Post by clinton miller » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:29 am

i'm a member of PETA and proud of it! (People Eating Tasty Animals)
The degree of satisfaction gained from the accomplishment of a goal is directly proportional to the hardships and challenges overcome in order to achieve it.

border black douglas recurve 70# & 58# HEX6-H BB2 limbs
brigalow selfbow with rawhide string

Rhino1

#12 Post by Rhino1 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:41 am

Rspca? Pfft They lost me when I wanted to buy a dog off them and they put the poor bastard down because it was protective of its food.

They are hardly saints, they "rescued" 64,000 animals and put down 37,000, yeah real good ppl.

Either way we have nothing to worry about for a while yet, look how hard it is to get a gun license and how expensive firearms are and clowns still drive around shooting roadsigns, who the **** is driving around with a loaded shotgun hanging out of the window?? Thats more of a concern to me.

Rspca have no foot to stand on, its been brought forward in parliment time again and is listed as a low priority as its been labelled as "unfeasible"/too costly to try and introduce a permit system or even track arrows, although the rspca thing is big business and they have heaps of coin, if they put 2 years of their CEO's salary into it they could possibly gain enough momentum to introduce permits, but then again you are looking at an organisation that is run by middle aged women who seem to make decisions on emotions not logic.

When some fool shoots a heap of ppl with bows and arra's port arthur style, that is when we have something to worry about, until then enjoy archery, days out in the bush, free range venison and all the great things that are part of what we do.
"As far as I can tell my place is right here, on the smart end of this rifle" H.Glass-Revenant.

GrahameA

#13 Post by GrahameA » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:03 pm

Afternoon All.

Stepping back a bit and looking.

Every year we see articles/reports in the media of various animals getting killed. Such events do no good for archery. That other bodies/groups decide to take action should come as no surprise. If there were no reports of animals being shot with arrows the problem would not exist.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

rodlonq

#14 Post by rodlonq » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:12 am

Been thinking about this. If all mass produced arrows had a traceable serial number, that would probably cover 99% of the cases where some idiot has shot a roo on a golf course, and the culprit would be found. These people would't have the first clue how to construct an arrow and so would definitely be using probably the cheapest store-bought arrows, and hence would be deterred or caught out. If a genuine archer uses these arrows (with serial numbers) for whatever reason, that is OK because they are not going to do anything stupid with them. The only ill effect may be a price increase in the arrows due to adding the number and the need for the store to keep records.

However, people who make their own arrows need to be allowed to do so without interference. There should be no authority over traditional crafts, and certainly traditional craftsmen should not be considered as criminals for making illegal weaponry.

GrahameA

#15 Post by GrahameA » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:13 am

Morning Rod.
rodlonq wrote:Been thinking about this. If all mass produced arrows had a traceable serial number, that would probably cover 99% of the cases where some idiot has ....
Ignoring the legislation issue for the discussion and just consider the mechanics. Traditional wood arrows represent a small percentage of arrows sold . So small that they are insignifcant in the scheme of things.

It is not hard to mark individual arrows during manufacture or after. However if it is not part of the process it may be expensive to set up and implement for a relatively small number in the world wide consumption.

Then it is only a matter of trecording the numbers as they pass through various hands.

It may be harder to prove that ownership is equivalent to commiting the act. Then again when a car caught in speed trap it is assumed to be the guilty person etc., etc.

All this may be annoying but not as potential legislation..
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

Gringa Bows

#16 Post by Gringa Bows » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:04 pm

if they marked every arrow ,id be worried if i lost a few at shoots or out hunting and some morron found one and shot a native animal with it ,but then id be right cause i dont i mainly shoot wood and dont miss, cough cough :Bow

perry

#17 Post by perry » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:29 pm

No !, concede nothing, no matter how small or reasonable it sounds. Serial Numbers first then Registration and Licencing and heavy Restrictions will follow. They have done it before and are planning to do it again

Take what happened to me and many others when the Authorities decided to Register and Licence Crossbows. I was making my own Crossbows, shooting FITA Targets and Hunting with them. Once Licencing came in that meant that Ranges had to be approved Crossbow Ranges which in effect was the same restrictions that a Rifle Range had. All of a sudden I had no where to practice with them. I could not practice so I was uncomfortable continuing to Hunt with them.

With Licencing and Registration came a requirement that if I wished to continue to make my Cross bows I could only do the work in an approved Armoury. If I needed to make or fit parts for a repair I needed to perform the work in in Armoury. Gradually I got squeezed into a corner and handed them in with zero compensation

Concede nothing to the Authorities, it is thin edge of the Wedge, don't believe it ? - look at whats happening in the EU as we speak, a big push to Ban Muzzle Loaders to keep them out of the hands of Terrorists - plainly ridiculous. No Bowhunting in Great Britain, Australia's BS Gun Laws- lots of pressure to increase Restrictions and outright Ban certain Firearms. There's a huge ANTI push for a lot of Traditional Hunting Skills and Equipment around the World - concede nothing !

On top of the Restrictions and Licencing will come enormous Costs of running a Registry and the associated costs making sure Archery Ranges comply to the Law. Weapons Licencing Branches throughout Australia cost the Tax Payers over a Billion Dollars a Year to maintain. There is continual pressure to pass these costs onto Firearms owners. How would you feel paying several hundred dollars to buy a Licence to shoot your Bow on top of mandatory membership of a approved Archery Body, and $5 a year for TAA won't cut it. Concede nothing !!!!!

- Charles Darwin

Ian Turner

#18 Post by Ian Turner » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:48 pm

Hi all,
I have been known to lose the odd arrow or 2 and if they were identifiable by a serial number or something and someone picked it up having found it and then used it for a dodgy purpose the law would assume its me and I would be done for someone else's misdeed.
Totally ridiculous idea.
Cheers