FLATLINE BOWS

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

cetan56

FLATLINE BOWS

#1 Post by cetan56 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:33 am

Hi,just wondering if anyone has had experience with Flatline bows,especially the MC2 recurve take-down? Am looking at a second hand one but have heard murmurs of limb delaminations.Any coments or help much appreciated,thanks

BowmanBjorn

Re: FLATLINE BOWS

#2 Post by BowmanBjorn » Thu May 05, 2016 9:49 pm

Hi cetan,

The flat lines are a work of art and shoot very very well. I've not experienced any issues with limb delamination but I know for a fact Rob would fix the problem without any hesitation.

There are lots of great manufacturers in OX which is great for choice but. Dry few have the uncanny ability rob has to make functional art.

The images of his bows just don't do them justice.
Centaur Triple carbon elite 2pce 60# @30"
Thunderstick MOAB 50# @30"
Flat line Raptor 45# @30"
Norseman Wrath 2pce 54# @30"
Norseman trilam ELB 104# @ 32"

cetan56

#3 Post by cetan56 » Fri May 06, 2016 10:26 am

Thanks Bowman,
yes they certainly seem to be works of art,and had wondered if they shoot as good as they look.Are they stable or have any hand shock that you know of? cheers

Sabinus

#4 Post by Sabinus » Fri May 06, 2016 8:12 pm

Hey Cetan, your challenge may be finding a secondhand one - reckon if I had one of these it'd go on the 'keeper' rack. Good thing about a reputable bowyer is that material/manufacturing failures will be super rare, but at worst will be sorted in quick time. Best of luck.

BowmanBjorn

#5 Post by BowmanBjorn » Fri May 06, 2016 10:46 pm

Cretan,

They are shooters first and foremost, rob is just a nutcase and loves wood. I mean REALLY loves timber.

Hand shock? Hell no. Performance is excellent especially for those with a longer draw length. But as mentioned before hard part is finding one for sale. Most people hold onto them.

A little birds told me he has a couple of his personal collection potentially up for sale.

I guess I'm just lucky to call Rob a friend and get to shoot his bows when I behave myself! If I hadn't made a promise to myself to only shoot longbow there would be a 50lb raptor in my collection already.
Centaur Triple carbon elite 2pce 60# @30"
Thunderstick MOAB 50# @30"
Flat line Raptor 45# @30"
Norseman Wrath 2pce 54# @30"
Norseman trilam ELB 104# @ 32"