The search function.

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

rodlonq

The search function.

#1 Post by rodlonq » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:49 am

When I do a search, have a look at one of the results and try to go back to search for different words, I get a message saying the search function is not available at this time. The function is usable maybe 5 minutes later, but never immediately following a search. Does anyone know how to get around this problem? TIA.

Cheers... Rod

Outbackdad
Site Admin

Re: The search function.

#2 Post by Outbackdad » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:35 am

Hi Rod

I just did 4 search's in a row with no problem, I did not use the back button but clicked on the Search button each time.

Eddie

GrahameA

#3 Post by GrahameA » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:58 am

Morning Rod.
rodlonq wrote:When I do a search, have a look at one of the results and try to go back to search for different words, I get a message saying the search function is not available at this time. The function is usable maybe 5 minutes later, but never immediately following a search. Does anyone know how to get around this problem? TIA.

Cheers... Rod
Rod and Eddy.

If you are not logged in you will have to wait for 'some' time between search submissions.

If you are logged in it will allow you to do a new search almost immediately.

It is a feature that is active to assist in stopping people (machines) that are not registered users from flooding the system with requests for searches and effectively taking the system down.

The simple solution is to log in when you want to do a search.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

rodlonq

#4 Post by rodlonq » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:22 am

Well fellas, I was logged in and it was also as you said Eddy, I hadn't used the back button.... Maybe it is my Mac that somehow causes the issue. Anyway it is not a critical issue, just shooting the breeze really. :biggrin:

Cheers... Rod

blu-dog

#5 Post by blu-dog » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:08 pm

I experience the same thing here Rod.
The best trophies I can hope to acquire as a husband, father, friend or hunter are MEMORIES!
They will travel with me wherever life's path leads...