I've got the Greatest Friends on Earth

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

perry

I've got the Greatest Friends on Earth

#1 Post by perry » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:38 pm

I've got the greatest Friends on Earth

Twice this Week I have been lost for Words

For those not in the know, Work is playing Hardball with my Back Injury. For the 2nd time in a Week during a closed Door discussion my Boss told me he's been racking his Brain for Weeks and really can not come up with a suitable Job he feels I can do inside the permanent Restrictions I have been placed under due to my Back Injury. There's a lot more to this I'll leave unsaid for now - might be time for the Gloves to come off I reckon !!!

Anywho I'm pretty upset when I come Home and a Parcel has arrived. I opened it and it's a sizable piece of good quality Leather and a hand written note thanking me for Sharing my Traditional Archery Knowledge with so many through the Year.Totally unexpected - Who ever you are Thankyou, you made my Day and my Heart and Soul will go into the many Projects it will Inspire.

With my Back Injury severely limiting my Archery / Bowhunting Days and even my Recoil Tolerance with my Big Bore Rifles I decided to Buy a .223 Rifle and Traded in a Lever Rifle. The PTA for my .223 also arrived Yesterday. When I rocked up at Pine Rivers Gunshop this morning to Pay what I owed I was astounded to discover that a Generous Soul had paid the Balance Owing over the Phone for me. I am not too proud to say I was Overwhelmed and Teared Up - Thankyou, I cant express what this Gesture means to me. I Invested in a set of Leupold Bases and Scope Rings that would have been a little out of my Budget otherwise.

I was so stressed last Night thinking about what that may go down with my Job I only got 2.5 Hours of Sleep and I also was having a god awful Morning Pain Wise. Thanks to all my Friends, knowing I have People like you, One and All at my Side when I'm not going that well is a great Comfort.

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

Gringa Bows

Re: I've got the Greatest Friends on Earth

#2 Post by Gringa Bows » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:27 pm

Good to see mate

Ronster

#3 Post by Ronster » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:01 pm

Karma Perry, that is what it is! Do good and it eventually comes back to you.

Best wishes for Christmas.

Ronster :greetings-waveyellow
Last edited by Ronster on Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
I would love to be an expert, but experience and lack of knowledge holds me back!

Bows:-
Raven Vanquish 62" TD Recurve 44# @ 28"
Beaver 64" Longbow 41# @ 27"
Bear Montana 64" Longbow 50# @ 28"
Win & Win Winact ILF Riser and Win & Win Pro accent ILF carbon foam limbs 48# @ 28"

bstan86

#4 Post by bstan86 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:05 am

I've known you for long enough to know that your karma will be strong - and I dare say this would be the tip of the iceberg for you mate.

I've got plenty of spare pills, cases and primers if you want some. Will you be reloading for it?

Which lever did you sell? :cry:

bigbob

#5 Post by bigbob » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:35 am

Stories like this always cause me to reflect on my often jaundiced view on this tired old world.As others have said karma does seem to have a way of squaring the ledger, and it is a delight to see. i hope things work out for you at your employment, and the new Year brings better things with your health.I have been the beneficiary myself of unexpected generosity at times and it certainly keeps one humble.Wishing all the best Perry for the New year.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

Ronster

#6 Post by Ronster » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:29 am

I Like you Perry have had work issues. My work hours have been cut to 21Hrs /week, and I work for Churches of Christ aged care, "some christian mob they are" and at Christmas too, But there are many other people out there worse off than we are and on the plus side it gives me more time to shoot arrows. Always look for the positive.

Ronster
I would love to be an expert, but experience and lack of knowledge holds me back!

Bows:-
Raven Vanquish 62" TD Recurve 44# @ 28"
Beaver 64" Longbow 41# @ 27"
Bear Montana 64" Longbow 50# @ 28"
Win & Win Winact ILF Riser and Win & Win Pro accent ILF carbon foam limbs 48# @ 28"

perry

#7 Post by perry » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:53 pm

Thanks Folks, just back from a Family Christmas - hope you are having a Top Day. I really enjoy teaching People Traditional Skills. No use having them and not sharing, looking forward 2016 and what it brings on the Trad Archery Scene.

Brian I will be Reloading, I have about 100 [Federal Brand ] Range Brass, more Primers than I can Poke a stick at along with 2206H, 2207 and 2208. Payday next Week so 55 gr Sierra Super Roo's and a Lee Ultimate Die Set. I Traded the Marlin .44 - it was easier to part with than I thought it would be. Been threatening to do it for a while now as it was a bit of a Safe Queen. I have a heap of .44 Mag stuff to sell off also. Might List it on AHN. I'm sure I'll scavenge some more .223 Brass, blows my mind what People throw away. Still gotta get out to your place and see what Tree's you've got for Selfbows and Arrows and see what we can whittle out.

Ron and Bob, this Week was a great leveler for me, most certainly had me thinking. No good with your Work Ron, so long as the Balance Sheet looks good and the Investors are happy. Dopey Bastards - makes my Blood Boil.

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

Muz1970

#8 Post by Muz1970 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:05 pm

Hope everything works out for you at work Perry.

It's nice to hear there are still generous people around.

Good luck with the back mate. I know how over whelming back injuries can be.

Muz

danceswithdingoes

#9 Post by danceswithdingoes » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:20 pm

chin up Perry it will work itself out
ImageImage