Vote for my Daughters Art

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

perry

Vote for my Daughters Art

#1 Post by perry » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:50 am

G/Day Folks, I'm a deat set proud Dad !

My youngest Daughter Catherine has a painting of Hers entitled "Tigers in Crisis" entered in the Morton Bay Youth Art Awards. The award ceremony was last night, sadly She didn't win a place - BLOODY WRONG if you ask me [ slightly Biased smile emoticon ] , perhaps the subject matter was to controversial for the Judges ? Catherine is still up for Peoples Choice award. The Painting and many other excellent Artworks the Shires young People have done is on display at the Strathpine Community Centre 199 Gympie Road [ off Mecklem St ] Please get down there 3pm to 6 pm Weekdays and Weekends 10am - 4pm [ free admission ] and Vote for "Tigers in Crisis" which is on Display from now until the 25th of October, turn right after you walk in you'll see a near 2m Tall Tigers Head painted across 4 Canvas's with cleverly hidden messages and Texture, Recycled Canvas etc as to the negative environmental effects of Palm Oil Plantations and Corporations mindless pursuit of Profit over the Planets Health

and here's last Years effort, a Finger Painting believe it or not. She mixed the the same Colours as our Cat.

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

bstan86

Re: Vote for my Daughters Art

#2 Post by bstan86 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:08 pm

Wow perry she certainly has as hell of a talent there mate - especially so young. With more years and training under her belt the sky is the limit. :clap:

bigbob

#3 Post by bigbob » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:34 pm

as an artist myself i would like to congratulate your daughter on her splendid art, Perry. she certainly has a talent. don't worry to much about judges as I believe a lot of them in the art world couldn't paint a wriggly line themselves.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

littlejohn59

#4 Post by littlejohn59 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:06 pm

wow Perry. You should be proud. Obviously there runs talent in your genes.

perry

#5 Post by perry » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:08 am

Thanks very much Folks, Catherines most certainly a Talent but so is Her Eldest Sister Rebecca, She's studying Art at Uni and Mums talented also, good at Painting Folk Art and Her Scrapbooking is unbelievable. I just scratch about compared to these 3 fine Ladies.

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

rodlonq

#6 Post by rodlonq » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:42 pm

Great work there Perry, you have a lot to be proud of.