English Warbows QLD (Aust)

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

hunterguy1991

English Warbows QLD (Aust)

#1 Post by hunterguy1991 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:05 am

Morning all,

Wasn't quite sure where to stick this post but oh well.

Just a message to all the warbow enthusiasts in the country and especially in QLD, I have started up a Group on facebook to try and get the word out a bit more on what the bows and the history is all about.

Plan is to use the group as a way to keep some records of distance blokes here are getting with their bows, a way of hopefully getting some publicity in the re enacting scene by doing some demo's around the country of how the bows are used and what they're capable of etc and also a place for Aussie blokes to talk about the gear they're using the good times they have shooting these bows...

Have made contact with some lads in the Canadian Warbow society and English Warbows NZ and found them to be top guys and have great ideas on displays and shoots. Lots of footage from both groups on youtube if you're keen for a look at what they're doing.

I will be trying to organise some shoots up here in QLD and possibly other states when I can, the first big one of which will be march next year when one of the Canadian warbow society members will be over visiting.

If you're keen to get into the group and post some photos of your bows/arrows etc or ask any questions just swing me a PM and i'll add you into the group.

Cheers,

Colin

BowmanBjorn

Re: English Warbows QLD (Aust)

#2 Post by BowmanBjorn » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:29 am

Sweet I'll look for it now. I'm interested I'm down in Brisbane fairly regularly.
Centaur Triple carbon elite 2pce 60# @30"
Thunderstick MOAB 50# @30"
Flat line Raptor 45# @30"
Norseman Wrath 2pce 54# @30"
Norseman trilam ELB 104# @ 32"

BowmanBjorn

#3 Post by BowmanBjorn » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:32 am

Hey mate, couldn't find the page would you mind sending me a link?
Centaur Triple carbon elite 2pce 60# @30"
Thunderstick MOAB 50# @30"
Flat line Raptor 45# @30"
Norseman Wrath 2pce 54# @30"
Norseman trilam ELB 104# @ 32"

hunterguy1991

#4 Post by hunterguy1991 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:11 am

Have it as a Private Group at the moment mate, Swing me an add on fb https://www.facebook.com/colin.gair.5 and I'll add you into it.

Or this is the Group Link https://www.facebook.com/groups/1505397543116963/

Would be very cool to have you come and shoot with us at some stage if you're down this way.