Good mates at the faire

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Shrek

Good mates at the faire

#1 Post by Shrek » Mon May 04, 2015 10:54 pm

The 2015 Gold Coast Ren. fair was held last weekend on the 2nd 3rd of May.The weather finally came good and it went off great.
Our club at Hinterland with a big effort from some great folk put together the Archery come and try exhibit which proved very successful.
I would really like to thank some truly top people who are not part of our club but are part of our Trad fraternity that came along and put in a lot of quality time and skill into the stall.
I am proud to count these folk among my friends,so a massive "ON YA" to Perry,Tom and Kate Panic, Roady,and John the" Hornmaster".So cheers and many thanks from Dave myself and our club and hope to catch you up soon. SHREKKA

Roadie

Re: Good mates at the faire

#2 Post by Roadie » Tue May 05, 2015 2:15 pm

Yep it was a Great 2 Days of Fun. And the Wenches Still looked Fabulous, Even the Queen Looked Stunning. It was great to catch up with you All. :biggrin: Cheers Roadie.

perry

#3 Post by perry » Tue May 05, 2015 7:05 pm

Thanks Cleve, loved helping the Hinterland Club out. We where the highlight of the Event and Yes the Wenches where lovely :naughty:

Pencil me in for next Year Mate

Pictures Man !!!! I had my Camera there but did not take it out of the Case

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

Roadie

#4 Post by Roadie » Tue May 05, 2015 7:40 pm

Ay Perry, Every time the Horn was sounded we attracted the Fairer Sex, was it our musical talent or our Great Looks, Still wondering about that. It was a pleasure to catch up with my Friend, and that HONEY Mead is a sweat Drop. Hopefully catch up with you at Nanango. Cheers Roadie.

perry

#5 Post by perry » Tue May 05, 2015 8:19 pm

Grant I have a Bottle of Mulled Wine and a Bottle of Mead - Decisions, Decisions ?? I have found a very nice X-Trail, not the Colour I wanted but it's low Milage and generally very good condition. I have a favourable RACQ Report and should pick up the Vehicle Thursday or Friday. No promises Mate but I am trying hard to get up there

Grant was it the Queen ? the First Aid Lady? or both that Blew your Horn Sunday Morning the the middle of the Common whilst I watched ?? :oops: they did a Cracker Job of it. It also turns out the nice couple with the Wine Stall where Friends with a Lady I Work with.

Every now and then I sat back from the Bow Making and Answering some very incitful Questions from the Public and watched the goings on at the Archery Stall. Very impressed with everyone who assisted with the Public Shooting Bows, your a Credit to Traditional Archery.

I was also tickled Pink to Watch some of the Archery Competition. Folks, experienced Archers where not allowed to compete, member of the Public competed in Children's, Women's and Men's Competitions. The Winners presented with a Prize by the Queen. I got to watch the Childrens Comp. The Young Fella that Won it had the Eye of the Tiger I tell you ! Even told his Mum He was going to Win it before a Shot was Fired. I missed the Men's and Ladies Events because the Young Fella that Won it , his Brother and a little Friend came over to me and we had a great Chat about the Comp and how he Won it after Firing only 18 Arrows in his Life :lol:

The Younger Brother was most determined to get his time in the Lime Light also, so I let him help me Shape the Selfbow. Next thing you knew 2 little Girls wanted to join in so I had 3 Kids Working on my Bow with me - Funny moment !!! Lots more memorable discussions with Kids and other members of the Public also- even had an Engineer that understood Bridges and Tall Buildings chatting to me about Tension and Compression Force's generated in a Selfbow - then he Spotted my Penobscott - "Whew" he had me scrambling explaining that :lol: :mrgreen:

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

temudjin

#6 Post by temudjin » Tue May 05, 2015 9:44 pm

It was a great weekend and a real credit to Shrek & Dave and the whole Team from Hinterland! They did ARCHERY proud!

By my estimate something like 500 members of the general public paid their money and had a go at archery. My youngest " customer" was 4 years old and my oldest 88 so it was a great spread. Hopefully they all had a positive experience and many will attend coaching sessions at their local club soon.

I was proud to be involved and really enjoyed the weekend. Thanks guys for letting me be a part of it.

The Hunt

#7 Post by The Hunt » Wed May 06, 2015 6:24 pm

Well done crew and thanks to all the helpers, unfortunately mat race was tied up with work an I was under the weather.

Shrek

#8 Post by Shrek » Wed May 06, 2015 7:55 pm

Yeh guys we did good and although we were all pretty spent Sunday arvo we were still laughing about the fun we had. It aint the Abby but it is a good weekend to spend putting our sport out there with friends.
Too right that young fella had the eye of the tiger happening Perry, hope he keeps going with it a real talent and a credit to his family.
Glad you got your X trail bud. Now you flash as Micheal Jackson hope you still talk to us lowly Land Rover driving Plebs.