Bugger

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Gringa Bows

Bugger

#1 Post by Gringa Bows » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:16 pm

I heard today that helicopters shot 360 deer in one hour on Texas station,and 2 choppers went along shooting pigs along the river down there,hope they didnt go where i hunt ,hard enough to get ferals as it is... :cry:

Roadie

Re: Bugger

#2 Post by Roadie » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:40 pm

Not Good at ALL, as you say Rod, Bugger. Cheers Roadie.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:14 pm

Disappointing mate!

Jeff

blu-dog

#4 Post by blu-dog » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:54 pm

Hopefully it pushed them all up into your property...
The best trophies I can hope to acquire as a husband, father, friend or hunter are MEMORIES!
They will travel with me wherever life's path leads...

bigbob

#5 Post by bigbob » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:30 am

hear the same thing last year about another place in NSW. Friend went down hunting, never saw a deer until they run into a guy who told them he was hired to shoot over 300 head the previous week. Whether it was because of Heath and safety issues or not but all the carcasses were left where they fell.It is criminal to waste so much prime meat in this day and age.I do realise there obviously logistical and heath concerns with events like this but surely a bit of planning would allow at least some recovery for use by charities etc.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

CraigH

#6 Post by CraigH » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:27 pm

That is a bugger :cry:

perry

#7 Post by perry » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:04 am

Sadly this is nothing New nor is my musing that Deer are overpopulating State Forests and National Parks and spilling out onto Private Property, Deer Farmers are releasing Deer for financial reasons on top of Escapes, their Range has expanded rapidly and still the Government refuses too open State Forests and National Parks to Hunters. 10 minutes from Home I have State Forests teaming with 4 Species of Deer and local landowneres permission to Hunt is impossible to get unless your a 4th Generation Local. Many have a serious case of Bambi Syndrome. Can not fathom why Culling from a Helicopter every now and then is seen in a more favourable light than Hunting by successive Governments. I recently finished the last of 40 odd Kilo's of Venison a Mate shared with me from the 3 Deer he took earlier this Year, saved me a Fortune at the Butchers - perhaps that's the agenda ???, more likely Government does not like People providing for themselves and prefers it's Citizens dependent on Government. I understand Culling is necessary on Private and State Land from time to time but surely an Eye could be turned to New Zealand where an Industry has developed around Culling from Helicopter. Leaving 360 Deer Carcass's to Rot is reprehensible

regards Jacko
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin