what did the kids love best

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

kerrille

what did the kids love best

#1 Post by kerrille » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:43 am

last week my wife leanne and i took 7 foster kids ages 12 to 15 out camping on the murray river,apart from our 2 none had been camping before,we took out with us our canoe and kyack,fishing rods and of course some of our archery gear. they liked the boats but once we got the bows out we couldnt stop them they loved it,they loved the camping too,so much so we've been asked to do it again in summer,we now have to get some smaller bows and arras as we didnt have enough smaller bows to go around,just goes to show you dont need much to make a kid happy and they hardly looked at their computer games for the 3 days we were out.

...nev...
i hunt animals because they have legs and can run away ................plants dont

Gringa Bows

Re: what did the kids love best

#2 Post by Gringa Bows » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:58 am

good one Nev,

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:54 am

Excellent to hear Nev and not surprising. If only more kids got to experience such things. I'm sure you and your wife were kept more than busy with that big a crew. :lol:

Jeff

rodlonq

#4 Post by rodlonq » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:53 pm

Great story Nev, well done on giving the kids a chance to experience the bush. You must had a ute load of jumpers for that many kids this time of year :lol:

Cheers... Rod

bigbob

#5 Post by bigbob » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:18 pm

great story and good one for taking the time to take the foster kids out camping. Give them a positive outlook and help show that there are good people in this sorry old world.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com