Black trophy longbow

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

slayer

Black trophy longbow

#1 Post by slayer » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:26 pm

Ther is a black trophy longbow for sale just down the road from me.$450. I have tried to research them but have not been able to find any reviews. Has any one had any experience with them and is this a good price.? :x :roll:

morganp

Re: Black trophy longbow

#2 Post by morganp » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:50 am

Plenty info out there.
What is it? Hoyt Sky trophy, later Matthews Sky trophy or Falco trophy?

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:17 am

I think Belcher make those bows now. Wishsong on here would be the man to contact about it I reckon.

Jeff

slayer

#4 Post by slayer » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:54 pm

I'm pretty sure the bow is a "big traditions" 68 " 55lb black trophy longbow d/r I still can not fin a decent review on it,

morganp

#5 Post by morganp » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:02 pm

Seems like no-one here has that bow. Do some 'googling' and read past 'page one', easy! It looks like a very big European (Italian-based?) dealer called 'Big Archery' who carefully choose the pick of bows and are large enough to have a separate 'Big Traditional' catalogue. They have a good range of well-known bows including the cheaper ones like the low-cost Samicks and Martins. Certainly a professional presentation and a good website.

Lancaster Archery in Aus. will know of the Dealers as they stock other bits of theirs like cases and stringers but they don't have that bow unless under another Brand name.

It is a good looking bow but for that price? I saw the Euro price on one site was less than $250, so I think it is too expensive at $450 especially against the Samicks etc. at Lancaster from $200. Where they also have bow reviews worth reading btw if you want a cheaper longbow.

The youtube video doesn't show much, the guy short draws it all the time.

The Managing Director of archery for BigNami informs us the trophy is made for them in Korea. Some good bows come from Korea, i would go look at it.

edit: latest catalogue https://issuu.com/bignami/docs/fe1c74c6 ... 461d6f?e=0